About the role:
We're looking for a Packaging Technologist to join our Sourcing and Packaging team. In this role you'll manage technical requirements, conducting regular reviews in our Distribution Centres and stores to identify opportunities to benefit the business. Whilst also understanding challenges and restrictions in line with Packaging Compliance requirements and guidelines, as well as costs.
You'll be working in a team who thrives off of innovation and will push you to be your best, giving you the autonomy to really make the role your own and make a big impact on how Matalan works.
As a Packaging Technologist, you'll be responsible for:
- Carrying our initiatives from the Packaging & Sourcing teams in order to manage.
- Delivering the desired standards on all aspects of technical packing.
- Managing the delivery of multiple projects in support of business strategy.
- Developing and maintaining excellent work relationships with key stakeholders across the business, in order to the manage the status of projects and updates on business strategy.
- Regularly reviewing packaging innovations and cost saving opportunities.
- Continually Identifying and recommending improvements to packaging structure, design and utility.
- Ensuring all projects are conducted in accordance with written procedures and guidelines.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun!
As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities. Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role.
We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this. In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
- Previous experience in and a good understanding of packaging processes, innovation developments and end to end process.
- Ability to deliver deadlines and managed changing priorities in a fast paced retail environment.
- Outstanding project management and organisational skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate technical detail to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent team work skills for collaborative and inclusive end to end project work.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Graphic Designer
Closing 7 November 2022
Senior Brand Marketing Designer
Closing 28 November 2022
Broadcast Graphics Viz Production Designer
Closing 27 November 2022
- Discovery Communications
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.