Packaging Technologist - FTC 9 months
Are you dynamic, a keen innovator, or a disruptive thinker? If yes, then Kellogg Europe is the place for you because at Kellogg’s we focus on agility, growth and innovation.
Our R&D Packaging team in Manchester is looking for a new Packaging Designer/Technologist - 9 months fixed term contract.
About the Role:
Working as part of both an exciting Research and Development function and a Cross-Functional Packaging End to End Team you will lead a pipeline of Packaging initiatives from idea to execution. This will include ideation, concept development, prototyping, factory trials, and monitoring products in-market.
In this exciting role in Kellogg’s, you will support other Innovation or cost-out projects providing Packaging input such as validation of trials and final specifications.
You will also be supporting Kellogg’s European R&D function coordinating, collating, and maintaining system specifications.
Here's a Taste Of What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading or supporting multiple packaging projects and programs to deliver packaging solutions for cost optimisation whilst ensuring that the packaging is compliant with all relevant food safety requirements & quality standards.
- Accountability for the execution of all required packaging development work and factory support.
- Analysing data and applying statistical methodologies to establish recommendations and specifications.
- Organising, managing, and leading plant trials and testing to validate recommendations.
- Ensuring that the defined testing, OEE & approval procedures are in place and followed.
- Reporting findings, communicates risks, and develops solutions.
- Updating project teams, escalate challenges and ensure timelines are accurate.
- Ensuring the Product Development system is correctly used to establish accurate product data and specifications.
- Maintaining & developing customer and supplier relationships.
- Supporting in the commissioning and testing of new packaging equipment.
- Following all Kellogg’s processes for packaging & product design.
- Supporting other projects, such as Innovation projects where necessary.
- Applying knowledge of packaging systems, machinery, innovation, and corresponding food systems in routine and complex projects.
- Researching and reporting on future changes in packaging technologies to help develop the departments’ strategy, resources, and procedures.
- Delivering all projects on time and to budget and manage the smooth handover of projects from one area to another
At Kellogg’s, we love our people and they love our culture and the opportunities that come with being a part of our diverse and talented team. Our Kellogg K-Values are at the core of who we are, what we believe, and what brings us together as one united Kellogg team. Come explore the opportunities to take your career further in an environment where we support you and your professional success
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Degree in Packaging Technology or otherwise demonstrable equivalent technical knowledge.
- Previous experience in a Packaging Development or related role.
- An understanding of packing line equipment, machinery commissioning, line performance, and packaging performance standards.
- Knowledge of packaging components and materials used to produce packaging structures in routine and complex projects. This includes knowledge of the manufacturing processes used, and how they impact barrier and other physical properties.
- Experienced in organising, reporting and leading packaging trials to validate potential solutions
- Ability to review data and apply statistical methodology to reach conclusions and make recommendations
- Able to demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of packaging development, materials, and processes
- Having an understanding of packaging components and materials used to produce packaging structures in routine and complex projects. This includes knowledge of the manufacturing processes used, and how they impact barrier and/or other physical properties
- Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of packaging specifications and quality requirements
THE FINER PRINT:
Growing and nurturing the world starts with our employees, which is why our tailor-made career growth programmes are just what you need to set yourself for success.
With our extensive benefits package including flexible working, which enables you to take control of your work/life balance, we really have our people at the heart of our organisation.
We strive to create a world where people are not just fed but fulfilled and a workplace where everyone can voice their opinions and are empowered to be their true selves. It’s each and everyone’s unique flavour that make up Kellogg’s recipe for success and the diversity of ideas, experiences and beliefs that fuel our future ready momentum and embolden our make it happen culture.
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site. If you experience any difficulty when applying, please contact us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Apparel Graphic Designer
Closing 13 August 2022
Mid Weight Graphic Designer
Closing 19 July 2022
Rise Digital Designer
Closing 23 August 2022
- perm, from remote
Want more Packaging Technologist - FTC 9 months jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, Packaging Technologist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.