Packaging Technologist/Art worker
The role will be managing the design and development of pack variant, including specifying and designing cutting forms, external packaging and transit packaging. Experience is therefore required in terms of all technical packaging development along with constantly keeping abreast of industry and specific customer packaging requirements, new developments, through to testing and approvals.
- Create packaging specifications and samples for all new product launches and redevelop current packaging to conform with SIOC, FFP, retail and eco considerate requirements.
- Confirm function, form and compatibility to the proposed product and proposed manufacturing process.
- Manage technical aspects of all packaging to meet the designated requirements of buying, marketing, QA and supply chain working to a critical path.
- Work with suppliers to identify, set up and finalise specifications for required improvements.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with suppliers and keep abreast of new packaging technologies that may provide new / superior benefits.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve existing packaging technologies to drive margin and/or performance.
- Appreciate and work within commercial objectives for the company and our customers.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Good communication skills with internal departments, stakeholders and external suppliers to enable smooth execution of packaging transition.
- An awareness of relevant packaging technologies.
- A good technical & creative eye with a flair for design.
- Awareness of packaging for commerciality including retail considerations.
- Experience of working with major retailers to design and specify packaging requirements.
- Experience of designing, testing and approving packaging.
- A good understanding of technical drawings.
- Degree in packaging technology/packaging design ideally, or proven knowledge and experience in packaging management, creation, design or related function.
This position is going to be a Fixed Term Contract only for 2 years and will be based in Aston, Birmingham.
Closing 29 June 2019
- Become Recruitment UK
Digital Designer (e-Learning)
Closing 25 June 2019
Want more Packaging Technologist/Art worker jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Art Editor jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, Pre Press Artworker jobs, Publishing Artworker jobs, Packaging Technologist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.