Müller UK & Ireland is wholly owned by the Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller which employs over 24,000 people throughout Europe. In the UK, Müller develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of branded and private label dairy products made with milk from more than 1,700 British farmers. The Müller brand is ranked at No.7 in The Grocer’s Top 100 list of Britain’s Biggest Brands and is also the 7th most chosen brand in the UK.
This is an opportunity for a recent graduate, or a student looking for a work placement to be a part of the packaging development team to gain relevant work experience within a fast paced packaging environment. The role will be to support the packaging technologists within the team. In it you will be providing packaging technical support for branded and own label product, across multiple sites. Supporting product range development, as well as range extensions. Supporting the development of packaging to have a competitive edge and enhanced supply chain performance, through continuous improvement programs.
In this role you will be given a dedicated project to support the muller packaging strategy as well as supporting the teams in day to day operational activities. The role will encompass on the job training and work experience delivering the following:
• Support and be trained in the management and sign off of packaging & print projects.
• Deliver the agreed project within the agreed timescales.
• Undertake day to day activities such as supporting line trials, conducting laboratory testing. etc.
• Support the team in ensuring that approvals are in place for design and packaging changes, both internally and externally.
• Support and training in implementation and application of operational changes to current concepts/products working closely with appropriate teams.
• Trained in knowledge of site production and technology processes.
• Training in and gaining knowledge in relation to packaging materials, packaging and print processes and systems.
• Ideally have some knowledge in statistical analysis and problem solving and demonstrate a clear analytical method and audit trail of their work, but training will be given.
• Will need to have the ability to anticipate problems and provide solutions, as well as being aware of the consequence of any change they may implement on all aspects of the business, training will be given.
• Supporting the Planning and implementing production trials within NPD, cost optimisation and other projects as required via the relevant system as is appropriate, training will be given.
• Maintain an improved range of performance packaging specifications.
• Ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and within scope.
• Keep clear lines of communication open between the site and other departments.
• Manage the smooth handover of projects from one area to another.
• Prioritise tasks within the project whilst still maintaining milestones and targets.
• Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed in a timely manner, as required by Muller systems and legal requirements.
Key skills & experience:
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills, able to adapt to working with people within all levels in the business.
• Ability to work on your own as well as part of a team.
• Demonstrates a keen interest / has experience in product design / science.
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn, take ownership and accountability to push your own development.
• Logical, analytical and inquisitive with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Problem solving and providing solutions will be a key part of the role and the ideal candidate will want to learn how to apply this in quality and analytical techniques for the specification and performance improvement of packaging materials.
• PC literate essential.
Müller pride ourselves on offering support to help develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful European business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Assistant Brand Manager
Closing 14 July 2020
- Market Drayton
Closing 8 June 2020
Want more Packaging Intern jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Print Executive jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.