An exciting opportunity to join our Own Brand Packaging Design Team as a Design Specialist on a fixed term contract to assist with a key strategic Own Brand programme. Using customer, category & market insight to help develop customer centric packaging designs across the business.
The role is a permanent contract. The working pattern is 4 days per week of 9 hours per day with a Thursday off (TBC) based in our Bradford Head Office. There is a requirement to work 1 in 4 Saturdays (6 hours) from our Head Office.
You'll be responsible for things like this in the role:
- Creating compelling packaging design solutions for Morrisons own brand product packaging.
- Produce effective Design solutions supporting the Own Brand strategy resulting in increased sales.
- Understand the Commercial performance of our brands & identify ways within design to improve them.
- Review competitor activity and keep abreast of design relevance and what matters most to customers. Understand emerging packaging trends & how these can fit into Morrisons product range.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, external agencies and copy writers in order to formulate clear and concise design briefs, critical paths and budgets. Consolidate feedback and review direction based upon this.
- Engage with trading teams throughout the process to ensure they are aligned to new design direction & respond to feedback where required.
- Be a brand ambassador both internally and externally for own brand. Protect and enhance the reputation of our brands ensuring right first time.
You'll need skills and experience like this:
- A Graduate in Graphic Design or equivalent level of education with retail and/or agency experience within a similar role
- Own brand experience for major retailer brand or Agency.
- Ability to brief clearly and concisely.
- Must be highly organised, a keen eye for detail and able to prioritise workload.
- Passionate and committed to delivering great quality work.
- Ability to prioritise & flex to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels with the ability to influence.
- Customer focussed with a positive attitude.
- Experience of working in fast paced environment with lots of change.
About The Company:
Marketing is a fast-paced, high energy function that drives sales by putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. The marketing team are our brand champions, making sure we give customers what they want, at prices they like, and delivering an experience that's always unmistakably Morrisons. The team pioneers and delivers industry-leading work in a collaborative and friendly environment with a forward-thinking, people-focused culture. Work is always challenging, frequently fun, and the career prospects are exciting.
Our aim to offer more of what matters extends to our employees too. Join us and you can expect to enjoy great career prospects and a very competitive pay and benefits package. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer a discount card for you plus two more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, a highly competitive pension scheme, Life Assurance and more besides.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Closing 15 September 2020
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Kingston upon Hull
- £Competitive Salary & excellent benefits package
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.