Channel 5 is the UK’s third largest commercial channel reaching 44m viewers every month with a spirited mix of high quality and emotive content. Since September 2014, the Channel 5 portfolio of channels has been owned by Viacom International Media Networks.
In addition to Channel 5, our family of channels include 5STAR, the fun loving home of some of the biggest dramas, soaps, entertainment shows and movies from the US and UK; 5USA the definitive place to see the best drama and movies direct from the US and Spike is the exhilarating channel with a programming mix that is different to anything else on British television. The portfolio is completed by My5, the most widely available commercial on-demand service available across multiple platforms and delivering a range of great content.
One of two team assistants, within the Production and Programme Management team responsible for the negotiation and management of commissioned content. This role provides dedicated support to the PM team and is responsible for ensuring information is checked and tracked and data systems are updated.
Working directly with the Director of Production and Programme Management and Channel Production Managers, this role supports all aspects of the Channel’s commissioning process, liaises with external producing partners and Channel departments to manage the team’s administrative processes, data systems and production management documentation.
In addition to administratively supporting our team, a central focus of this role is to support the Director of Production and Programme Management directly, including managing diary bookingsand meeting logistics, travel and expense administration;assisting with role specific project, presentation or event work,and providing reliable data and information for board reports, dissemination across senior management or Channel departments.
• Daily management of Director of Production and Programme Management’s diary, including all logistics and related expenses
• Provide specific administrative and logistical support to Manage Director of Production and Programme Management, including regular data reporting, presentation and project work
• Management of Production and Programme Management’s team calendar and logistic requirements of bookings
• Support the smooth administrative and logistical running of the Channel’s BBAM & Commissioning Specification process with a rigorous attention to detail and excellent communication
• Support Production Management team throughout the end-to-end production process from commissioning through to delivery & final payment
• Providing administrative and logistical support to Production and Programme Management to support team deadlines and objectives
• Manage the input of data into Channel 5 systems to ensure that the business receives accurate and relevant reporting
• Ensure that information related to programme delivery is captured on the system and relevant paperwork is updated and in place
• Liaise with Channel 5 departments to ensure excellent communication and efficiencies
• Point of contact for production queries from producers & suppliers
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledge of diary management
• Knowledge of programme production cycle from pre-production to delivery
• Knowledge of delivery paperwork, compliance and insurance
• Excellent communication skills
• Stringent attention to detail and highly organised
• Strong initiative and problem solving skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritise
• Diplomacy, sensitivity and integrity
• Positive energy and passion for production management
• Forward thinking and an ability to highlight potential issues with the relevant person
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Highly computer literate in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
Closing 16 March 2019
- Scoot Recruit
- £28,000 to 32,000 p/a
Team Assistant - BBC Films
Closing 15 March 2019
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.