We’ve got a great opportunity for the right person to join the communications team at FutureLearn to raise awareness of our EdTech start-up and protect its reputation. Do you love to write, always knows what’s going on in the news? Are you organized and passionate about getting things done? If so, we’d love to hear from you. This is a coveted in-house PR role where you’ll work with a highly experienced, ex-agency and in-house communications expert. Whether you’re currently at an agency and want to move in-house, or you’ve already got some in-house experience, if you’re an ambitious PR professional who’s looking for a great in-house opportunity, we definitely want to hear from you.
• Handle incoming press enquiries.
• Create press materials for launches, announcements, conferences, etc.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key journalists, bloggers and influencers.
• Identify crisis issues, escalating to the senior team as necessary.
• Monitor and respond to reactive news opportunities and journalist enquiries.
• Work with the team to find opportunities and proactively pitch stories that will promote FutureLearn campaigns and courses in the MOOC, Edtech and higher education space as well as in consumer and relevant sector press.
• Work with the PR / comms departments of our partners to draft joint press releases and plan joint campaigns.
• Work with various teams within FutureLearn to advise on communications opportunities for their departments.
• Support the Head of Communications to keep the communications department at The Open University updated about key activities.
• Identify and research appropriate conference and speaker opportunities for FutureLearn.
• Help to identify awards that FutureLearn can enter.
• Produce monthly reports outlining PR activity and associated results.
• As well as all these day-to-day things, you’ll also get to support on wider thought leadership campaigns including drafting opinion pieces and comments.
• Moderate experience required - account assistant to senior account executive level is preferred.
• Excellent written English and oral skills. • Excellent team-working / cross team collaboration skills.
• Excellent organisational skills. • Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to prioritise workload. • An interest in analytics / reporting is desirable.
• An interest in the public relations, international technology and/or education technology and higher education landscapes, is an advantage.
• Journalist/blogging experience and/or a passion for writing are an advantage. Please feel free to include links to any previously published written work.
• A can-do attitude!
To apply, please send us your CV and a one page cover letter, stating your salary expectations.
Please contact if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.
Junior Project Manager - Communications Agency
Closing 29 June 2018
- Soapbox Communications
Copy and Content Producer for leading charity
Closing 13 July 2018
- National Fostering Agency
- £33 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.