The purpose of the role is to build the Burton Menswear & Dorothy Perkins overall strategic plan, working closely with key stakeholders across the business (Profiling, Buying & Merchandising, Retail, Digital, Wholesale & International) to create stretching and achievable targets to maximise sales.
DAY TO DAY:
- Influence and contribute to the creation and setting of Brand Department sales objectives, incorporating strategic direction, Profile strategies and range opportunities.
- Manage the Planning critical path deadlines and processes, ensuring they align with Buying and Merchandising and Finance planning timeframes.
- Produce Range Plans for Buying and Merchandising that deliver sales objectives, support opportunities, and optimise space utilisation, price architecture and stock parameters.
- Challenge and champion consistent planning best practice across the Buying and Merchandising teams, ensuring plans and objectives are cohesive, supportive and reflective of Brand and Profile strategic direction.
- Through weekly and seasonal performance analysis, gather market insight and strategically model commercial opportunities by Profile and store, making recommendations to capitalise on sales.
- Challenge and define the allocation of space by Profile and store through the seasonal store planning process to maximise sales and density returns.
- Build strong working relationships with Profile team to set and deliver the Profile strategy, incorporating lessons learnt, opportunities and Brand direction.
- Set seasonal and weekly phased store sales plans alongside space and stock targets for Own Buy and Concessions, reflecting sales objectives, Department, Profile and store characteristics.
- Strong commercial skills with an in-depth understanding of the High Street
- Experience of working in a fast paced merchandising/planning/analytical role
- Able to talk knowledgeably about seasonal trends and comfortable discussing product
- Collaborative approach – works in partnership with peers in key functions
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – able to build effective relationship at all levels and gain buy-in at Senior Management level
THE EXCITING PART
- Early finish Fridays during Summer!
- 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
- Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
- Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
- Regular competitions to win amazing prizes Events to support our diverse range of charities
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
Closing 26 February 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- temp to perm
- £350 /day
MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT JD SPORTS
Closing 19 March 2019
- JD Sports
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.