Output Editor, Sky News
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“This is one of the most senior editorial roles at Sky News putting you at the sharp end of our journalism and helping to shape our plans for the future…”
What you’ll do:
- Lead a production team of journalists shaping Sky News TV output
- Make key editorial decisions about story selection and coverage
- Output key segments of news coverage from the live gallery area
- Be a significant voice in the newsroom on editorial plans and story ideas
- Get involved in the planning and delivery of special projects.
- Manage and help to develop the careers of new talent
What you’ll bring:
- Outstanding news judgment
- Inspirational team leadership
- Bags of energy and lots of story ideas
- An ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels
- Digital awareness – an understanding of the changing habits of our audiences.
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Publishing Editor
Closing 14 November 2021
- Reach Plc
- £Competitive & Company Benefits
Video Editor - Facebook
Closing 13 November 2021
- LADbible Group
- London / Manchester / Flexible Remote
- perm, from remote
Creative Video Editor & Motions Graphics operator
Closing 14 November 2021
- RELX Group
Want more Output Editor, Sky News jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, News Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.