OTT Channel Digital Chief Sub-Editor for The British Forces Broadcasting Service
The British Forces Broadcasting Service is looking for an experienced sub/production journalist with a talent for writing headlines, descriptions and picture captions who wants to be at the heart of a new media launch.
The Chief sub will have the chance to be a key figure in the launch of our new OTT TV channel where we will showcase the best of our military video content via a Netflix style platform.
The role would suit an experienced digital or newspaper sub who is looking to develop their career into new platforms and get a significant project launch on their CV.
It will be based in our busy multi-platform news-room and will involve working with various desks and production teams.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Headline, and copy writing, along with picture editing (Via photoshop or similar).
- Playlisting and categorising videos.
- Bringing energy and enthusiasm to the OTT channel launch.
- Developing how our content is presented on a platform that highlights and promotes our best work.
- Post launch there will also be the opportunity to bring these skills to all of our social and digital platforms.
The right candidate will have:
- Super sharp writing skills for headlines and captions, plus an eye for a good picture.
- An excellent command of English, with a real understanding of grammar, tone and style
- Significant CMS experience
- A collaborative approach to getting things done
We would like them to have or be very keen to develop:
- The ability to use online analytics to ensure we maximise impact
- An understanding of legal and OFCOM frameworks
- The ability to edit video and use graphics
- Excellent time management and an ability to prioritise.
- An interest in military history, current world events and an awareness of modern military vernacular.
The right candidate will have an enthusiastic, flexible, and creative approach to the role. They will need a passion for accuracy and making the best use of pictures.
While an understanding of the armed forces is important, writing skills and an enthusiasm for learning new skills across all platforms is vital. Experience in the news media or digital media industry is essential.
The role will be based at SSVC HQ in Chalfont St Peter, Bucks and will initially be a full time contract. After an initial period there may be some flexibility around start times etc.
If you think you have the right skills and background please email your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria and your salary expectation.
Closing 21 February 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £23,000 to 24,000 p/a
Closing 18 March 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £21,000 to 25,000 p/a
Want more OTT Channel Digital Chief Sub-Editor jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Photo Editor jobs, Feature Writer jobs, News Editor jobs, News Reporter jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.