Newsroom Administrative Manager - The New York Times
The Newsroom Administrative Manager, London is the point person for administrative matters in the New York Times London based newsroom.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Act as first point of contact/assistance for all visitors to the newsroom.
- Troubleshoot staff and staffing issues, making arrangements and communicating any changes to teams and newsroom staff.
- Troubleshoot equipment and resource emergencies, such as a reporter and editor’s need for press pass or to source a flak jacket.
- Check and approve expenses for London newsroom team members.
- Maintain staff contacts lists.
- Process invoices for Newsroom.
- Coordinate and allocate physical resources and operations, including office and personnel moves, subscriptions, and miscellaneous coordination with broader NYT administration.
- Liaise with HR and IT to onboard new employees; ensure they have appropriate equipment and documents.
- Liaise with HR to help obtain visas and sort any Immigration issues for expats.
- Advise on relocation/home moves and assist with temporary accommodation where necessary. Process any associated costs with regard to London Living accommodation e.g, Rent, Rates if applicable and administer throughout the duration of the employee’s stay.
- Keep emergency operating plans (BC Playbook) up to date for Newsroom.
- Any other administration tasks and handling queries relating to Newsroom and employees where required.
- Fire marshal and first aid.
The Newsroom Administrative Manager will also assist senior editors in the INYT offices and in New York with the following:
- Communications such as contributions to AHOT and other internal memos, preparing talking points, company survey, biz-side developments.
- General development opportunities in the newsrooms, such as team meetings, enrichment talks and general skills training.
- Disseminating newsroom policy.
- Team schedules, both annual leave and weekly work planning.
- Supporting European Editor with administrative tasks
- Assisting European Editor in analyzing monthly budget, alerting them to overspending.
- Scheduling and travel arrangements for senior managers and visiting Times editors. Organize refreshments/catering for meetings if required.
The Newsroom Administrative Manager will work closely with News Administration office in New York on all of the above matters.
This job will be located in London, applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- Degree-level or equivalent office administrator.
- Meticulous organizational skills; ability to prioritize with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with all levels of management and staff in a highly professional manner.
- Professional judgment with respect to detail and confidentiality is a must.
- An appreciation of The Times culture and work ethics.
- Preferred experience in media industry.
- Good general computer skills a must, experience with MS Word, Excel, email. Beneficial to have experience with Notilus, Workday, Egencia or other payment systems.
Sales Support Manager
Closing 26 January 2019
- Creative Mettle
- West Midlands
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Press Officer, Communications - The New York Times
Closing 7 February 2019
- The New York Times
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.