News Editor, C+D
Join C+D's multi-award-winning news team and lead the news agenda covering stories for the UK's 80,000+ community pharmacy professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role at a multi-award-winning B2B publishing brand at its central London office. The News Editor will have the day-to-day responsibility of overseeing Chemist+Druggist’s (C+D’s) news team, working with them to break exclusive news stories that frequently get picked up by national media outlets. The role also provides ample opportunity to lead on investigations, campaigns and other projects.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities:
- Oversee a team of two digital reporters to produce an average of two news stories a day, which reflect the burning issues facing our audience of 115,000 unique users – including politics, the NHS, Brexit, exclusive investigations and breaking news alerts.
- Line manage one digital reporter, developing these individuals and ensuring continuity planning (eg for holidays).
- Coordinate and relay a forward-thinking news agenda for the brand, including updating both the Editor and Analysis Editor on developments in the sector.
- Oversee coverage of breaking news across the C+D website, newsletters and social media.
- Represent C+D at brand events – including the flagship C+D Awards – as well as at external events and in the wider media as appropriate.
- Take an active role in the organisation of C+D’s range of live events, including presenting and chairing debates as required.
- Oversee the Editorial team’s use of social media across multiple channels to maximize engagement.
- Working with the Editor to develop content to maintain and/or grow subscribers/traffic/users/engagement/satisfaction as appropriate to business needs.
- Advocate for experimentation, innovation and new technology in content development.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the brand to develop C+D’s digital content proposition.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to support the development of commercial content propositions, as appropriate.
- Track record of covering news, including directly or overseeing the publication of exclusives.
- Experience of representing a respected publishing brand at events.
- Strong interpersonal skills, which could include proven track record of directly managing others.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and a proven track record of making and maintaining strong contacts and networks.
- Authoritative; a credible external ambassador for the brand.
- Up-to-date knowledge of media and publishing law.
- Experience of successful change management and/or new product launch.
- A sharp news sense.
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- Calm under pressure.
- Brimming with ideas for investigative, interactive, campaigning and data-driven journalism.
- A proven track record in using new and social media to develop audience engagement.
- Capable of quickly getting to grips with complex topics.
Other Preferred Attributes:
- Knowledge of the NHS, particularly primary care (although not essential).
- Knowledge/experience of using analytics to inform content strategy and development.
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development.
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits.
- Work with high quality specialist products.
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration.
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder.
- Regular social events and networking opportunities.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Content Creator
Closing 12 July 2021
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- perm, remote, temp to perm, from remote
- £30,305 to 35,129 per annum
Closing 22 August 2021
- Sky UK
Senior Video Editor
Closing 21 August 2021
- ASOS plc
Want more News Editor, C+D jobs?
Want to find more Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, News Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Broadcast Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.