This is a multi-platform role that is responsible for generating output on a rolling news cycle. It is especially focused on creating original content for all outlets, including Nightly News, The Today Show, MSNBC, NBC News Now and other livestream programs, and NBCNews.com. The position is based in the NBC News London bureau and covers Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and occasionally Latin America.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
* Must be able to demonstrate that you are legally allowed to work in the United Kingdom.
* Must be willing to work in a 24/7 news environment (flexible hours, shifts, and overtime, often with short notice)
* Must be willing to travel.
* May be required to work in hostile or high-risk environments.
* Generate and oversee the production of hard news and feature stories for all platforms.
* Contribute rolling content to streaming services and digital platforms.
* Conduct in-depth research for breaking news & investigative stories.
* Discover, identify and interview newsmakers, eyewitnesses and other notable figures.
* Chase story leads from personal contacts, social media, newswires, affiliated and independent news services, newspapers and magazines, and other news sources.
* Write scripts for broadcast/livestream programs and text pieces for digital platforms under deadline.
* Field produce.
* Produce special projects as needed (ie. disasters, Papal conclave, wars, etc.).
* Ensure accuracy & compliance with editorial Standards.
* Implement security & safety protocols.
* Work with craft editor.
* Edit video.
* Shoot video.
* Collaborate with partners like Sky News, ZDF, etc.
* Maintain strong direct relationships with platform senior producers and senior editors.
* Maintain understanding of evolving NBC News brand needs.
* Ability to develop sources and maintain contacts for breaking news & investigative stories.
* Ability to discover, identify and interview newsmakers, eyewitnesses and other notable & interesting news subjects.
* Ability to develop story leads from social media, newswires, affiliated & independent news services, newspapers & magazines, and other news sources.
* Ability to edit video: short clips, comp reels & finished pieces for all platforms.
* Ability to shoot video: basic b-roll and simple interviews without complicated lighting.
* Ability to quickly write scripts for broadcast programs and articles for digital platforms.
* Ability to contribute rolling content for digital platforms in a breaking news environment.
* Ability to put together a story coverage plan & note.
* Field producing skills, including planning logistics, newsgathering & live shot co-ordinating
* Firm grasp of security & safety protocols.
* Edit room producing skills, including sourcing and logging content; organizing incoming feeds;
working easily in media manager; coordinating with the field teams & show editors; and
supervising the overall editing process with a craft editor.
* Ability to produce special projects as needed (ie. disasters, Papal conclave, wars, etc.).
* Firm grasp of transmission tools, including LiveU, Latakoo or other proprietary FTP, etc.
* Ability to be a strong communicator with the assignment desk, platforms, and managers.
* Strong familiarity with all NBC News Group platform needs.
* Solid working knowledge of TV production and digital platforms.
* Exceptional research & writing skills.
* Strong news judgment & commitment to accuracy.
* Extensive field experience, particularly in conflict & war zones and/or natural disasters.
* Extensive experience editing stories collaboratively.
* Knowledge of and interest in current events, politics, geopolitics & history.
* Proven track record of collaboration across multiple teams and multiple platforms.
* Ability to lead and foster teamwork.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of NBC News Policies, Guidelines & Practices.
* Fluency in another language preferred.
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 25 hours of television news programming with the top-rated NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt and Meet the Press programs as well as America’s longest-running morning news program, TODAY. The network’s primetime newsmagazine, Dateline provides a variety of in-depth stories week in and week out ranging from mysteries and breaking news to hidden-camera investigations and documentaries. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital Group, includes NBCNews, TODAY, MSNBC, iVillage, BreakingNews, theGrio, NBCLatino, NBCPolitics, EducationNation, NightlyNews, Newsvine, social media, apps and all of the network’s digital initiatives.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Junior Motion Graphic Designer
Closing 26 January 2021
Producer - The Irregular Corporation (Remote)
Closing 18 March 2021
- perm, from remote
Want more Multimedia Producer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Edit Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Script Editor jobs, Script Writer jobs, Video Editor jobs, Videographer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.