Multimedia Designer, Digital Learning
Powered by technology, EY puts humans at the center of business transformation. Lane4 takes people beyond performance, giving them the skills and mindset to achieve things they never thought were possible.
At EY Lane4, we support culture change and business transformation, develop leaders and through our digital learning solutions and innovative service delivery, provide world-class learning and development to every person in an organisation.
Our people bring a wealth of experience from performing at the highest level from elite sport, the military, the arts and business. We believe that everyone deserves access to world-class learning and development. Our global reach, digital learning solutions and innovative service delivery allows for consistent development across multiple levels of the organisation.
We are growing fast and looking for those who share our values, believe in the importance of the people agenda and have experience in change, culture and leadership, and digital learning solutions to join us in at EY Lane4.
We’re now recruiting for a confident and experienced multimedia designer to join the Learning Lab, EY Lane4’s creative learning solutions team, to design and deliver high quality, innovative digital learning products and bespoke digital solutions for EY Lane4’s clients.
The post-holder will be required to work closely with other members of the Learning Lab team and collaborate effectively across the team to design cutting edge content solutions spanning motion graphics, video and interactive content, in addition to shaping the design of web platforms and supporting collateral. You will collaborate with Learning designers and developers to create engaging solutions that enhance the learning experience and successfully achieve learning retention and transfer.
The candidate will have experience of designing and producing digital content, have a background in graphic design and possess relevant digital media skills.
Your key responsibilities:
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
Design & production of digital media solutions:
- Design, develop and create motion graphics solutions (including creation of storyboards and production using Adobe After Effects and other animation authoring tools).
- Work closely with team members to translate ideas and written content into engaging digital learning experiences by utilising design techniques such as the creation of wireframes, storyboarding, creating concepts, mock-ups and prototypes.
- Create engaging visual designs for interactive solutions with a focus on clear and intuitive UX/UI design.
- Video editing and production of high-impact video solutions (using Adobe Premier and After Effects).
- Design of supporting digital assets e.g. assets, sprites, icons etc.
- Collaborate with Senior designers, EY project stakeholders and specialists within the creative team to define project scope, delivery timeline and approach.
- Leverage core design principles and techniques e.g. mapping layout and UX, colour application, typography, illustrations etc.
- Effectively interpret EY and client brand guidelines and implement them into design solutions, ensuring creative output adheres to guidelines.
- Create outputs for each stage of the design lifecycle (from concept to execution) - presenting designs and explaining rationale to senior team members and specialists within the Learning Lab at each stage.
- Proactively solve problems to create the most effective solution with available technology and time limitations, and escalate issues to senior designer and delivery lead appropriately.
- Produce high quality outputs that meet agreed design standards – ensuring design aesthetic meets client expectations and scope.
- Work with the team lead, senior designers and specialists within the team to create and refine design processes that support the delivery of quality design solutions.
- Carry out QA activity, ensuring issues are identified and corrected, and successfully obtaining sign off from Senior Designers and team leads.
- Effectively collaborate with the wider team, both onsite and virtually, to create high quality design outputs within the agreed timeframe, building positive relationships.
- Prioritise effectively and work on multiple project deliverables with tight deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and with the confidence and proactively contribute ideas and issues with project leads, Senior Designers and other specialists within the Design Lab.
- Keep up to date on industry best practice, latest trends and progression in the design sector.
- Contribute ideas to shape the Design Lab’s approach to creative and digital design and work with Senior Designers to deliver the innovation roadmap.
- Effectively collaborate with others in the Learning Lab team to create solutions.
People and practice management:
- Provides timely, authentic and constructive feedback to colleagues and seeks feedback in return.
- Assists with the integration and inclusion of new team members.
- Be up to date with key technical and functional skills, and with industry, business skills & knowledge - and share this expertise with others.
- Encourages development of team members though formal and informal coaching.
- Reinforces our values, through day to day behaviour and critique disrespectful behaviour.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Experienced in using Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, InDesign).
- A demonstratable working knowledge of visual design and the creative process.
- A good knowledge of core design techniques and principles including layout (including UX & UI), colour application, typography and illustration plus storyboarding ideas and concepts.
- Ability to create wireframes, storyboards, concepts / mock-ups.
- Ability to create animations and edit commercial video content.
- Knowledge of video post-production trends and techniques.
- An understanding of video codecs.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced professional services environment.
- Confident to create design outputs at each stage of the design and production lifecycle.
- Good relationship management skills with the confidence and ability to contribute ideas and proactively communicate issues to stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent eye for detail, ambitious for the quality of your work, and a constant search for excellence.
- Strong communication skills to ensure effective presentation of ideas, concepts and creative outputs to Senior designers and specialists within the team.
- Familiarity with WCAG accessibility standards.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience of working in a digital communications and digital design or creative agency.
- Previous experience in creating animations and editing commercial video content.
- Experience of creating wireframes, storyboards, concepts / mock-ups.
- Keen problem solver with a ‘can-do’ mindset.
- Confident to work both independently and collaboratively, with the design team.
- Good prioritisation skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced professional services environment.
- Passion for innovation and staying up to date with the latest design trends.
- An interest in user-centric design and design thinking to inform the design of engaging and digital content and platforms.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- An open mind and willingness to learn and grow within a diverse creative role.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BA/BS Degree in graphics design, visual design, digital communication or related subject are desirable but not critical.
- Knowledge of learning design theories or methodologies.
- Experience of using Adobe XD.
- Interest in videography and experience of filming.
- Experience of brand development.
- Experience of working on projects gained working within a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisations.
What we look for:
We are looking for people who can demonstrate real impact within various areas of Talent for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for yours and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 23 January 2023
- Hangar 13
UX Designer - Ecommerce
Closing 25 January 2023
- perm, remote
UX Researcher - Supply Chain
Closing 25 January 2023
- perm, remote
Want more Multimedia Designer, Digital Learning jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Video Designer jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.