Motion Graphics Artist
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: VP of Content
Most people like motion graphics because they’re “so pretty” or “fun to watch”. Not us.
We understand that these graphics are powerful communication and storytelling devices...which is why we need creatives like you in order to make the best online courses in the world.
We’re looking for someone who is ridiculously creative and has a thoughtful approach to crafting motion graphics. Someone who watches a Vox video and thinks, “I can do that...but better.”
Your responsibilities will revolve around brainstorming, writing, and creating engaging motion graphics that represent complex concepts. You’ll be working alongside a seasoned creative team of viral video experts who have generated over 1 billion organic views. Because our team is small, every single person (including yourself) holds a huge amount of creative say in every project we do.
What you'll do:
• Create wonderfully beautiful motion graphics for everything we produce from ads to courses. Graphics manifest as: full builds, partial builds, and kinetic typography
• Improve our students learning experience by illustrating complex concepts through easy to understand motion graphics
• Improve video ad conversions by 10% via motion graphics
• Establish art direction for content and execute on it, from asset gathering to conception design and animation
You'll be a good fit if:
• You are the most creative person in your friend group
• You have a deep appreciation for well crafted color palettes and delightful aesthetics. Your texture library is admittedly, obnoxiously large
• You truly believe that any concept, no matter how complex, can be broken down into easy-to-understand, bite-size pieces
• You can watch Kurzgesagt all day long...on mute
• You are are a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to framing, composition, and timing You are confident in your ability to recreate the following design aesthetics, but with your own personal touch: (1) Rapping, deconstructed; (2) How free games are designed to make money; (3) Giving birth costs a lot; (4) Why are weddings so damn expensive?; (5) How the Republican party went from Lincoln to Trump
What we're looking for:
• 2+ years of experience with motion graphics and/or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to craft delightful graphics
• Expert level proficiency with a combination of programs required to create beautiful motion graphics, including (but not limited to): After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Someone who is highly process oriented and organized
• Experience working directly with senior level management
Benefits, Perks, and Compensation:
We’ve got some pretty sweet digs, catered meals, unlimited PTO, and a full suite of benefits. Check out jumpcut.com/about for more information and to meet the team!
Designer for Digiday
Closing 16 March 2019
- New York
Digital Artist Needed To Turn Ordinary Screenshots Into Beautiful Art In Photoshop
Closing 22 February 2019
- Jack Jensen
- New York
- temp, from remote
- $25 to 50 /h
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.