Motion Graphic Artist
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
Purpose of the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented motion graphic artist to join our growing Creative Services team. You will be working to help us create engaging video content across all of Frontier’s projects, including Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, Planet Zoo, and Jurassic World Evolution 2.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a studio with a proven track record of delivering successful AAA titles and play an important role in our continued success.
- Create engaging motion graphics content for all our current and future games.
- Deliver bold animated logos and titles for the various trailers the video team produce.
- Support other disciplines within the current Frontier Creative Services team.
- Work closely with the Community team by creating flexible livestream assets.
- Continue to drive the quality of the video content that Frontier produces.
- An interest in video games would be essential.
- Confident, responsive and creative individual, who can bring fresh ideas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and the wider company.
- Desire to learn and grow within the company.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A pragmatic problem-solver.
- A good team player, willing to work collaboratively and receive feedback and guidance from the rest of the team and stakeholders.
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of key AE plug-ins such as Red Giant, Optical Flares.
- Proven 2D/3D motion experience with a portfolio of various examples.
- Great sense of design and composition, with a strong eye for layout.
- Conceptualisation skills.
- 3D software experience (Cinema4d – Animation, Lighting, Rendering etc).
- Experience using C4D plugins (Redshift, X-Particles).
- Experience with Illustrator.
- Experience with web banner animation.
- Game engine experience (Unity/Unreal).
- Scripting and storyboarding skills.
This role can be offered on a hybrid working basis, which means you’ll have the opportunity to spend time working both in the studio and at home. You will probably be required to spend at least 50% of your time in the studio to facilitate collaboration and engagement. We can provide a comprehensive support package as part of any offer should you need to relocate.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Want more Motion Graphic Artist jobs?
Want to find more Artist jobs, Digital Animator jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.