Our envisioning and prototyping team at Microsoft is living at the intersection of Industry and Technology. We are in search of a Motion Designer to help craft motion studies, bring interfaces to life, and design feedback that will inform the workplace of tomorrow. We flourish by hiring creative minds who push themselves and their work in an environment of problem solving, innovation, and excellence.
We are looking for a Motion Designer that has graphic design and motion expertise, graphics knowledge of interactive principles, functional design exploration skills, and strong collaboration skills. We need you to help design breakthrough experiences with cutting edge hardware that impact how millions of people use our products and services every single day.
You will work closely with a team of UI/UX designers, directors, artists, and software engineers in a high energy environment. We would love to have you join us.
- Bring graphic elements to life in a variety of styles and forms, mixing 2D, 2.5D, 3D techniques and stylized and realistic movement.
- You are capable of doing moderate rigging tasks and animations in a 3d package.
- You are thoughtful and balance function with beautiful design when inserting motion to interfaces and graphics.
- You find the balance between animations that are pleasing to the eye as well as efficient and purpose-built.
- Up-level videos through composited moving interfaces, bumpers, and animated stories.
- Integrate and provide feedback to other design disciplines on the team.
- Assist in the production of guides, vision demos, presentations and prototypes.
You are a great fit if you:
- Are at home dealing with complex visual design problems.
- Have excellent communication / presentation skills to tell your design stories to designers, developers and product management.
- Love getting the details right.
- You can easily work well within a design team without ego getting in the way.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work.
- Real passion for invention, cutting edge hardware and human-centered user experiences.
- 3+ years as a Graphic Designer, Motion designer or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years knowledge of user-centered design and interaction approaches.
- 2+ years knowledge in 3d rigging and 3d animation.
- 3D Package experience like Maya, 3dsmax, Cinema 4d or equivalent experience.
- 2D Package experience such as the adobe Suite or like software.
- Strong brainstorming skills, from participation to implementation.
You will deliver a resume with samples to be considered for this position. Portfolio review required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Senior Graphic Designer
Closing 18 March 2020
- New York
Closing 17 March 2020
- Micro Focus
Want more Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, 3D Designer jobs, Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.