Disney Streaming Services is a place where we look to build something new and exciting together. We are looking for a mid-level Motion Designer who will be responsible for creating, producing, and maintaining cutting-edge visuals for use in broadcast, social, and digital marketing placements.
As Motion Designer you will report to the Motion Design Lead and will collaborate with the creative, marketing, and PR teams to produce the highest quality content possible. This position is for candidates that are hungry to tell a visual story and someone who is constantly learning and evolving visually with a passion for motion design trends.
If you are excited about joining a multi-disciplinary team, pushing the boundaries of sports and entertainment content and technology in a fast paced consumer driven marketing environment, we’d want to hear from you.
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio or links to your published work.
- Editing video assets and creating animated overlays for short form video projects.
- Understands best practices for short-form content on social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Design loop animations and long form social media posts.
- Convert static keyart into engaging motion assets.
- Work alongside creative colleagues and stakeholders to interpret briefs and create the best work.
- 4+ years of experience and a solid reel with a strong sense of typography, logos and text animation, GIFs, interactive illustrations, and style frames.
- An expert in After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Competency in Premiere and a basic understanding of a diverse range of motion design software, plugins, techniques, and approaches.
- Ability to translate written concepts into visually descriptive, impactful designs.
- A natural sense of curiosity and urgency.
- Can easily multi-task.
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and turn marketing goals into action.
- Only candidates with portfolios, or examples of their work, will be considered.
- BA/BFA in advertising, fine art, design or relevant field; MA/MFA will be considered an asset.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions.
Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Visual Designer Summer Internship
Closing 8 June 2020
Closing 28 June 2020
- Malouf Bedding
- $40,000 to 80,000 per annum
Want more Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.