Travel Channel Brand Creative is looking for a visual storyteller who loves creating amazing imagery, pushing typography and has a can do attitude.
The ideal person will be creative, conceptual and innovative and have a versatile, collaborative approach to the design process. Create compelling, fresh design ideas and typography solutions that will help elevate the level of design for our advertising/promotion, network branding and programming support. Your unique creative design solutions will serve the company’s strategic needs while maintaining Travel Channel’s brand consistency and meeting the Creative Director and Art Director’s creative vision. This includes but, is not limited to promo design, show packaging, keyart motion, social media design, PR promotion, onscreen navigation (secondary events) and presentation work.
1. Design and execute broadcast quality motion design as assigned.
2. Collaborate side by side with the creative team including the art director, creative director, designers and writer producers through all phases of ideation and production.
3. Participating and contributing to brainstorms to supply fresh ideas for series promo packages, social media promotion and occasionally main title opens.
4. Conceptualize & implement concepts from brainstorm to storyboard and finishing with high quality design and production, ensuring design is in sync with the network style guide and brand.
5. Occasional green screen work from original talent shoots.
6. Acts as liaison between edit suite resources and design when necessary to ensure promo package designs are implemented smoothly.
7. Effectively communicate the delivery of graphics assets to producers, vendors, and production team.
8. Organize and manage graphic deliverable files on the various servers.
9. Stay abreast of all technologies used in motion design with an eye toward future expansion.
* You’ve been working in the design world, with minimum 4+ years experience in broadcast design, cable network, or design studio.
* BFA/BS/BA degree in graphic design or motion design from an accredited four-year college/university or art school equivalent.
* A well-rounded portfolio highlighting design, composition, conceptual and typograpic skills and sensibilities.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent grasp of great design and the ability to stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping in mind company objectives and strategic goals.
* Detailed oriented and a conceptual thinker.
* Expert in current design software and hardware including After Effects, Adobe CC Suite with knowledge of C4D a plus.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments at once.
* Self-starter and strong teammate who can work independently and responsibly.
* Shine with a ‘can do’ positive attitude and love collaborating with multiple teammates.
* For consideration candidate must submit a link to their work.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request.
Vans Color and Trend Footwear Designer
Closing 12 December 2019
- Costa Mesa
Assistant Graphic Designer - Licensing
Closing 11 December 2019
- Old Navy
- San Francisco
Want more Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.