Reporting to the Design Director, the Motion Designer will sit within the Creative Services Team working across the Emerging Markets (France, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Middle East, South Africa) portfolio of channels and will be responsible for implementing the On Air, Off Air and Digital creative strategy as set by the Design Director.
Motion Designer duties:
•To work in partnership with Global as and when required in addition to local reporting.
•To be a global brand guardian and ensure brand compliance and consistency at all times.
•To use creative to drive performance in territory and meet local business objectives.
•To work with all wider creative, editorial and marketing teams to deliver integrated work.
•To keep abreast of design and technology trends to maintain innovation and freshness.
•To be an energetic/enthusiastic team member sharing ideas and best practice.
•To achieve all requested outcomes on time and on budget.
•To implement On Air, Off Air, and Digital Creative solutions to the range of programming, marketing, digital and global needs as set out within the strategy.
•To work collaboratively or independently either as part of a wider project or within a self-contained brief.
- Solid graphic design foundation including excellent typography, confident and informed use of colour, natural sense of balanced composition, and an eye for beautiful aesthetic.
- Strong conceptual thinking.
- Proven knowledge of moving image and current animation techniques.
- Previous experience and proven track record of working within either broadcast, advertising, or a design agency.
- Good knowledge and understanding of branding and how to adhere to guidelines and intelligently evolve them when required.
- Fluency in graphics and animation programmes including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, and ideally Maxon Cinema 4D although this is not essential.
- Excellent Apple Mac skills and an understanding of troubleshooting.
- Ability to work and function within a busy and sometimes stressful environment whilst remaining composed and clear headed.
- Strong ability to work autonomously, or as part of team.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good presentation skills and an ability to clearly express rationale behind design decisions.
- Good idea generation ability both as an individual and as part of a team.
- The ability to work across a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Good time management with the ability to work to strict deadlines, delivering finished creative on time and on budget.
- A solid and creative portfolio, showcasing innovative design solutions.
- Good knowledge of production and technical processes to deliver creative for broadcast, digital and print.
- Proven ability to work in a design team within a collaborative, dynamic and positive environment.
- Strong working relationships with people in a wide variety of functional areas, such as programming, marketing, creative and online.
- Bachelor’s design degree (or equivalent) of equal standing from an accredited Art Institute or School of Design.
- Willingness to work overtime and be flexible with hours.
- Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
NBCUniversal International Networks is one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 176 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. The channel brands in the portfolio include Universal Channel, Syfy, E! Entertainment Television, 13th Street, DIVA, Studio Universal, Telemundo, The Style Network and Golf Channel. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe; the portfolio also includes Movies 24 in the UK. Further, NBCUniversal News Group, one of the most influential and respected portfolios of on-air and digital news properties in the world, operate CNBC and NBC News internationally.
NBCUniversal International Networks is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Closing 13 September 2019
Closing 18 September 2019
Want more Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.