There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges–from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships.
- Pension contributions.
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes.
- A volunteer day for all team members.
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development.
Are you looking for a new role that gives you opportunity to use your skills within your field to help take our digital channels to the next level? Are you looking for a new challenge which provides the opportunity to work in a growing and developing team? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in motion graphics as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role:
As our new Motion Designer, you’ll help define and develop motion creative across Selfridges’ digital channels. As part of this, you will:
- Lead the way with motion graphics and moving image for Selfridges; enhancing our digital offering by using your skillset to create compelling and innovative content that helps shape and grow our brand.
- Design and create inspiring motion creative for use across our digital channels and screen networks.
- Work alongside the Digital Design team and collaborate with the wider Multimedia Creative team on creative campaigns, helping to define, shape and realise ideas through motion design.
- Work alongside the Digital Designers, and with the wider creative studio, in realising opportunities to bring to life editorial content through your skillset.
- Comfortable working on variable scale of projects - from editing video content, bringing still imagery to life or designing and producing animations from concept to execution.
- Collaborate with other areas of the business to support their channels when required.
You’ll be reporting into the Head of Digital Design, working closely with the rest of the Multimedia Creative Team, wider Creative Studio and other key teams within the business.
Know What We're Looking For:
- You’ll have demonstrative experience in a motion design role, with experience and an appreciation of a collaborative, teamwork approach.
- You’ll have a broad portfolio showing a variety of projects and creative executions, across animation, video, typography and 3D.
- Experience in creating motion graphics for websites, with an understanding of performance and optimisation for this channel and across devices.
- You’ll be used to collaborating with teams, both creative and other areas of business.
- A background in or ability within digital design is also ideal, with the eye and capability to apply this skillset as part of the role.
- An interest in culture, media and the arts is a must; being connected and up to date with trends and movements both in and out of the industry, and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire our digital look and feel.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a growing and evolving team who looking to drive the Selfridges digital experience forward. This is a great opportunity to take your next step with the proven experience you have accumulated, or to expand your horizons within a creative driven retail company. It doesn’t just stop at Digital Design either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About The Company:
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work.
Closing 13 August 2019
VFX Producer - ILM TV
Closing 14 August 2019
- Industrial Light & Magic
Want more Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Control jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.