Motion Designer - Instagram
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We're looking for someone to join our Design Team as a Motion Designer. You will be joining a team that supports Instagram's growing portfolio of products and features. This team is responsible for creating motion ideation around content creation tools in 2D and 3D.
This person will be responsible for contributing to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with an external global audience. This person is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled in working with a team of visual artists to deliver great work. They should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums.This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.
- Execute on adding thoughtful animation to the Instagram product experiences.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a small team including Art Directors, Designers, 3D Generalists, Tech Artists and Producer.
- Experiment with different creative techniques, tools to mock-up and prototype ideas quickly.
- Produce strong conceptual animations that are engaging and unique.
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully.
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward.
- 3+ years of experience working at a creative agency, an in-house team, or editorial environment with experience in two or more disciplines: illustration, motion graphics, animation or video editing.
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume).
- Experience working on projects such as storyboards, narrative, advertising campaigns, product and branding projects.
- Experience with visual storytelling.
- Experience using After Effects, Cinema 4D and Final Cut Pro.
Instagram is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Instagram is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
Footwear Surface Designer I (Color, Materials, Graphics)
Closing 4 January 2020
Apparel Graphics Designer Ii (Running)
Closing 4 January 2020
Want more Motion Designer - Instagram jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.