Modellers are responsible for the production of highly accurate and efficient CG models for use in high-end visual effects films. Modellers will work from reference which may include photographs, scan data, blueprints and/or concept designs. Modellers work closely with Texture Artists in order to produce models and UVs that meet the specific requirements of a VFX pipeline.
- Creating models as briefed and/or in line with reference materials.
- Understanding and following outlined naming conventions.
- Presenting models for progress review to Leads, Supervisors and clients.
- Ensuring consistency of UV mapping.
- Communicating with other departments and production in order to ensure that the model meets relevant requirements.
- Making changes or updates to models as required.
- Ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines.
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality.
- A good working knowledge of Maya.
- Creative, resourceful and with strong spatial awareness.
- Very strong polygonal subdivision modelling skills.
- Efficient with layout of UVs and awareness of texture requirements.
- Able to interpret and follow reference material to create clean, highly detailed and accurate models.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to organise own workflow in a meticulous manner.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Creative conceptual sculpting.
- Knowledge of anatomy.
- Experience with Mudbox and/or zBrush.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Closing 22 March 2021
- Royal Leamington Spa
Closing 23 March 2021
- Frontier Developments plc
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.