Mobile Art Director
The opportunity has arisen for an experienced Art Director to join the Square Enix Mobile Publishing team. Based in London, we are responsible for producing titles in conjunction with external development partners based on Square Enix’s Western franchises, external IP as well as creating new franchises from the ground up.
In this role the successful candidate will be the act as a consultant across a number of games being published from the London studio. You will work closely with project stakeholders at all levels while building the relationship with our partner studios to ensure Square Enix standards are met.
Whilst creative direction is driven from the external partners, you will be responsible for driving them to deliver to the highest possible standards relevant to the mobile market, as well as providing scrutiny on best practices and processes.
Working as a consultant across all projects, you will become the artistic stakeholder and as such you will be involved in every part of the development process:
- Concepting and pre-visualising key elements.
- Working with studios to find the appropriate artistic direction.
- Ensuring visual quality and consistency relevant to the target market.
- Performing art-related due diligence on potential studio partners.
- Reviewing art-related milestone components.
- Identifying art trends and understanding future quality standards to ensure titles in development will be competitive upon release.
- Working closely with partner development studios to ensure their art staff, pipelines, solutions and process are adequate to support each game vision.
- Contributing art elements to executive presentations.
- Foster internal relationships across the Square Enix offices and studios.
You will also help in keeping the relationship with developers as positive and productive as possible. This means working to build an honest and respectful relationship with them, providing meaningful feedback to their performance, and ensuring that they understand our development priorities.
Director of Mobile Publishing, Product Director, Design Director, Brand Director, Producer.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Must have extensive hands-on Art Director experience within the games industry on multiple critical and commercial mobile titles.
- Worked on a F2P mobile title from concept through to live service support.
- Creating style guides.
- Understanding of mobile best practice development and the different phases associated with game production
- Excellent understanding of different pipelines for art, animation and visual effects with the ability to spot issues and suggest changes to improve results.
- Experience in leading 2D and 3D art packages such as 3dsMax, Maya & Photoshop.
- Worked on several high profile titles. Relevant art experience and interests outside the video games industry.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Thorough understanding of different art styles, visual language, colour and composition.
- Identifying issues with art direction at an early stage and the ability to share feedback which can steer the game art back on track.
- Ability communicate quality requirements and feedback on various forms of artwork.
- Motivated, passionate and social with great soft skills.
- Team player and ability to build relationships.
- Ability to understand and consider different points of view.
- Ability to work with direction from project stakeholders.
- Ability to convey instructions and artistic direction with clarity.
- Highly creative with a commercial mindset.
- Hands on experience with Unity and other leading middleware engine solutions.
- Ability to create concept art.
- Identify current and future art trends.
- Passport and the willingness to travel (domestic and overseas) when required.
- Must be passionate about games, and play games in your spare time.
Senior Multiplayer Designer
Closing 16 August 2020
- Square Enix
Art Director- TV App
Closing 11 August 2020
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.