Mission Designer for SEGA
at Relic Entertainment (View all jobs) Vancouver, BC
Do you believe in delivering challenge and entertainment in equal measure?
Are you a team player and committed to the player?
If so, our Mission Designer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes and Age of Empires, and we’re on the hunt for a permanent full-time Mission Designerat our HQ in Vancouver, Canada. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
The Mission Designer will design and implement gameplay by utilizing mission design, scripting, and level layout abilities as part of a group dedicated to making top quality RTS experiences.
As a Mission Designer you will…
- Design and implement top quality RTS levels while following the game’s vision
- Write game scripts and design documents, and develop prototypes at a level that meets and exceeds direction by leads
- Communicate ideas with various project development personnel to solicit feedback and ensure support
- Work collaboratively with level artists and narrative designers to deliver the best campaign experience
- Demonstrate high levels of ownership over your own work and ability to work independently
- Utilize independent judgment when determining course of action, based on past experience
- Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop preventative solutions
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has…
- 3+ Years of design experience on top rated games with at least two successfully published games in a designer role
- A strong understanding of game design theory, with the ability to design and articulate high quality RTS gameplay and mechanics
- Experience creating high quality, single player missions, with an understanding of pacing and narrative and staging elements
- Experience developing 3D gameplay spaces from paper designs to completion using level editors
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience mentoring or instructing designers
- A degree or certificate in Game Design or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
UI/Product Designer (Junior-Midweight)
Closing 14 March 2019
UX Designer for Wiser
Closing 19 March 2019
Want more Mission Designer jobs?
Want to find more Flash/Actionscript Developer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Multimedia Developer jobs, Web Developer jobs, Games Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.