Midweight Product Designer- Digital
Who We Are:
At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture and homewares at a fair price.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Midweight Product Designer to join our fast-growing team, responsible for designing great customer centric experiences across all of our digital platforms (website, mobile app, in-store experiences and more).
What you’ll be working on:
● A mixture of brand-led editorial, functional UI’s and interactive projects.
● Crafting beautiful and intuitive experiences based on validated design decisions.
● Iterating on existing projects as well as crafting new experiences across the web & app.
● Working with different departments across multiple workstreams.
● Interviewing our users to gain insights and guide your decisions.
● Following your product throughout every stage of the design process.
● Helping to keep our design system consistent and organised.
● Working closely with engineers to deliver technically feasible designs and push for pixel-perfect outcomes for launch.
If you are as passionate about great design as we are, you understand that beautiful design is nothing without great usability.
● You're a problem solver, but you don't just solve problems. You do it beautifully with an incredible eye for detail. Your designs are both functional and deeply desirable; engaging and inspiring users.
● You can prioritise your time and effort effectively
● You understand the benefits and necessity of visual consistency
● You’ll have proven experience in UI with exposure to UX design tasks
● Mastery of Sketch/Figma/XD
● Experience working with developers and using design hand off tools (eg. Invision, Zeplin, Abstract)
● 3+ years of experience in a UI or Product Design related role
● A passion for typography and graphic design
● An impressive portfolio with your application
Extra Points If You:
● Have experience with prototyping tools (eg. Principle, Flinto, Invision)
● Have previously worked in ecommerce (don’t be put off if you haven’t!)
● Experience in creating concepts for user testing
● Have basic animation skills and good understanding of motion design
● Are familiar with the Agile development methodology
What we offer:
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We’re proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra holiday day for every year, served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we’re open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it’s important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of London!
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.
Want more Midweight Product Designer- Digital jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.