Midweight Motion Graphics Designer - ITV Daytime Design
Does design variety and diversity spark a light within you?
Would you like to channel your creative energy as part of one of the most content diverse, in-house design teams in UK broadcasting? Where your work will inform, entertain and make a difference to millions of viewers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at ITV Daytime Design for an experienced Broadcast Motion Designer to join our team.
Working within a supportive and friendly environment, broadcasting from the iconic TV Centre in White City, West London - you would be working on the flagship ITV Daytime programmes - Good Morning Britain, Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women. Live, news and magazine format shows, filling 7.5 hours of national television each week day. Our design output covers a wide variety of programme styles and content spanning global news, lifestyle and entertainment, across linear and digital platforms.
- You will be adept at Designing across quick turnaround live programme projects, long term programme projects, title sequences, branding, content design and digital output.
- If you thrive on variety and are keen to broaden your design palette our wide ranging current affairs and magazine content is perfect for you - challenging and rewarding. Rarely are two days the same.
- This is a very broad design role yet our core foundation is strong typography and image over visual effects. Having an interest in news and current affairs is as important as being up to date with latest design trends.
- This past year more than any other has highlighted the can-do attitude vital in carrying out our roles.
- With ingenuity and an amazing can-do approach to keep the nation informed and to raise spirits during such a difficult time, we’re one of a small number of broadcasters who remained live on-air throughout the past years lockdown.
- Ideally this role would suit designers with a strong portfolio and over three years experience in live broadcast design. You will have a passion for our ITV shows and are keen to expand your repertoire and portfolio.
- Expertise in After Effects and the Adobe product line is essential with working knowledge in Cinema 4D and live broadcast graphics systems (Avid Maestor/Vizrt) a bonus.
- Our shows being far from standard is reflected in our roster pattern - all our designers cover a varied shift pattern that includes some nights and Sundays.
- To see examples of the wide variety of work we create - please take a look at our latest showreel...and this was all created working from home during lockdown!
- 3 years (min) experience in motion design/broadcast.
- Up to Date Portfolio and Showreel.
- Design in a range of styles from detailed information graphics and typographic design, animations and branding.
- Creative & enthusiastic.
- Communicate productively with other designers, leads, producers and directors.
- Excellent verbal communication skills alongside creative.
- Calm under pressure within the live studio environment.
- Quick thinking with a sharp eye for detail & accuracy.
- Can enact design from feedback. Efficiently respond to feedback and revisions.
- Efficient, detail-oriented, organised, and able to work under tight deadlines
- Team player who fits into a collaborative team but able to work solo when required. Takes ownership of ideas and delivery.
- Time keeping and project management. Ability to work to tight deadlines. Accurately estimate and manage time.
- Able to pick-up and complete other team members' work and be able to handover tidy projects for others.
This is a hybrid role that will be 50/50 in the office and working from home, ITV will provide all home working equipment and technical support.
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be moved to the next stage. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. We encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Video Producer - ReedPop
Closing 19 December 2021
- RELX Group
Closing 15 November 2021
start 22nd November 2021
- A+C Studios
- £18,000 to 28,000 per annum
Motion Graphics, Digital & Video Editor
Closing 14 December 2021
- John Brown Media (part of the dentsu network)
- £25,000 to 40,000 per annum
Want more Midweight Motion Graphics Designer - ITV Daytime Design jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.