Midweight Graphic Designer for Mondottica
Please apply showcasing some examples of your portfolio, demonstrating skills and experience highlighted in the job spec. Including a cover letter in your application on why you are appplying for this role, and why you will be a good fit.
(Part of the Brand & Marketing Team); Graphics & Photography Team
Team include: Creative Lead, Creative Artworker / Production, Junior Creative
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Graphic Designer role is to output and support in a multi-faceted & multi-disciplinary team in the provision of creative services to Mondottica’s Brand Management, Product Design, Sales and other teams across Mondottica.
This is a very creative and proactive role, as a Middleweight Graphic Designer, playing a key part in the team’s output of creative work across all our licensed brands and more.
Mondottica’s creative office is based in London, where our Product Design team is based, working alongside our Graphics team and Brand Managers.
Mondottica is one of the world’s fastest growing eyewear companies and due to new licences and expansion of existing licences, we are looking for an experienced Midweight Graphic Designer to join our expanding team, and work closely with key teams across the business.
Our brand partners include; Ted Baker, Pepe Jeans, Sandro, Maje, Hackett, Ducati, Cath Kidston, Karen Millen, Christian Lacroix, Joules, Anna Sui, Marimekko, Le Coq Sportif, Scotch & Soda and United Colours of Benetton.
The role is very dynamic due to the multi-brand nature of our business, multitasking is essential, and the variety of projects makes this role ideal for a multi-disciplinary creative.
· PRINT - Brochures, catalogues, point of sale, promotions, training documents, brand campaigns, trade fairs, events, marketing /sales collateral
· Good eye for typography, grids and design guidelines
· Understanding designing for print.
· Push the creative envelope to ensure that assets produced evolve/are richer over time and are in keeping with relevant trends
· Creating a design identity for tradeshows and events
· Supporting the Creative Lead in creating a consistent company brand identity and reviewing the Mondottica brand kit when needed.
· PRESENTATIONS - Creating beautiful dynamic presentations that make us stand out.
· Designing presentations (which could include animation within Keynote)
· Creating templates for tradeshows and supporting the brand teams
· DIGITAL - Upkeep of graphic content for our website, media center, blog and social media platforms.
· Supporting on creating content for Social Media channels, including video and gif animation for social media, digital marketing, and emails.
· Creating webs banners and assets for Opticians, such as Boots and Vision Express.
· PR - Creating press releases and supporting our Brand and PR team.
· Creating press adverts
· VIDEO - After Effects or Premier Pro skills
· Creating concepts for videos and able to scamp storyboards
· Creating videos, showreels and animations for tradeshows
· Designing animated gifs for Social Media
· ARTWORKING - Supporting our Creative Artworker / a proficiency in artworking
· Retouching in-house photography images, Colour rendering / profiling
· Resizing images for digital formats
· Supporting on artworking booth graphics for tradeshows (as well as concepting)
BA degree in Graphic Design (or creative relevant degree.)
· 3+ years experience.
· Advanced in the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
· Understanding of After Effects, and Premier Pro.
· Meticulous attention to detail and a strong eye for typography.
· A creative mind and an interest in fashion, design and trends
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a busy studio.
· Good time management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Builds strong working relationships with colleagues (team player).
· Ability to work under pressure and will be resourceful and committed enough to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
· (If possible) Knowledge of HTML/CSS, Wordpress / Wix / Square Space.
· Keen eye for detail.
· Understanding of photography and use of image.
· Able to prioritise & re-prioritise jobs as job progress/deadlines require, learning to project manage your own workload, (with the guidance and support of your Creative Lead)
· Attitude & Commitment - you are a passionate, resourceful and professional, ready to hit the ground running
· Collaborative - Works well collaboratively, keen to find opportunities and support the Graphics team, sharing skills and knowledge.
· Priority Setting - you define clear action steps and manage time effectively.
· Creative Thinking and Problem Solving - you recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on your team.
· Communication - you use organized, constructive communication to facilitate great work.
· Good at organizing your time and management of personal workload, and reach deadlines.
· Small/medium sized agency background in fashion or similar, with three years’ experience.
· Working with Clients
· Agency / Small /Medium business experience
· Used to working dynamically across a multitude of projects / brands.
· To contribute to freedom of expression and original thought by communicating openly in a safe and trusted environment
· To ensure viable new ideas are implemented with structure for efficiency
· To be solution minded to achieve a better business
· To investigate and question with the purpose of learning and development
· To be curious and evolve to find better ways to be a better business
· To focus on my customers - internal and external - by talking and listening to them
· To take accountability for my own actions and delivery whilst regarding others highly and respecting their contributions.
· To seek to have clarity of my role, responsibilities & reporting lines
· To celebrate diversity and ‘fly no flag’
· To deliver joint outcomes working across groups and in pursuit of excellence
· To recognise and reward great outcomes within and beyond my immediate team
· To support my colleagues, ensuring others understand and share my goals whilst playing by the same rules and asking others to do the same
· To approach tasks with a positive attitude
Closing 13 June 2019
- Depending on Experience
Closing 14 June 2019
- Black Sun Plc
Want more Midweight Graphic Designer jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, POS Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.