Midweight Designer (Monsoon)
Our story began with one man and his vision; to bring vibrant, colourful, hand-crafted artisan clothes from faraway places to the markets of London. It is a journey that started on a hippy commune in Ibiza, 1970, and finished with an overland trip east, through Afghanistan and India. Now found in West London, we’re creating vibrant products, and sharing endless discovery.
Monsoon is looking for an ambitious Midweight Graphic Designer. The perfect candidate will have previous digital/print retail design experience. You may be either in-house or from an agency, but you have a portfolio which shows creativity and passion for design. In this role you will be working on varied and fast-paced projects across the business from digital to print, building your skillset and knowledge along the way.
What will you do?
- Working closely with the Creative Team to drive delivery of high quality digital and printed assets. Including website, email, social design.
- Design/produce print include seasonal store POS, packaging, marketing material.
- To prepare and format artwork for delivery to various suppliers for in-store application and print collateral.
- To manage, prioritise and schedule a varied work load.
- Be responsible for the creation and delivery of briefed projects.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout your work.
- Support other designers in artwork delivery for print and digital briefs.
- Following the correct design processes and creating high quality deliverables for projects.
- Build strong relationships with other departments through regular and clear communication and a collaborative approach to work.
What We Are Looking For:
- Comfortable working across both digital and print in equal measure.
- 3-4 years professional working experience ideally with a portfolio demonstrating work for retail brands.
- Good knowledge of Figma and understanding of digital asset requirements.
- Experience with Visual Merchandising and understanding of print techniques for physical spaces.
- Passionate about design whilst being aware of popular culture on a broader scale.
- Able to present work clearly and articulately.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator and ideally After Effects.
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude.
- Work collaboratively with the team and confident to work independently when required.
- Sharp eye for detail.
- A keen interest in fashion and retail as well as graphics and design.
- Know your kerning from your leading, your GIF’s from your MP4’s.
- Are commercially aware, always thinking of the customer journey.
- A creative problem solver, with the ability to adapt to change.
What will we offer you in return?
- Competitive salary.
- 23 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holiday through our salary sacrifice scheme.
- Bonus day off each year after 6 months service.
- A pension that you will be automatically be enrolled in after 3 months.
- Life assurance (subject to participating in the pension scheme).
- A flexible working approach.
- Early pay day Friday finish.
- A generous staff discount with up to 50% discount on our products.
- Interest free season ticket loans.
- Discounted gym membership at our on campus gym.
- Additional discounts such as Westfield discount, Taste card membership etc.
At Monsoon Accessorize we don’t focus only on what we do, we also care about how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people and are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will also consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
We provide reasonable accommodations as needed to people with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request discuss any specific requirements.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Graphic Designer - Sign Studio
Closing 28 January 2023
User Experience (UX) Designer
Closing 16 December 2022
£Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Mid Weight Graphic Designer
Closing 31 January 2023
- River Island
£Competitive + Benefits
Want more Midweight Designer (Monsoon) jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.