Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Welcome to TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2018, TJX had over $35 billion in sales, more than 4000 shops and 249,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
The Copywriter’s main responsibility will be to deliver excellent copy and creative concepts for TK Maxx, Homesense and the TJX corporate brand.
Reporting directly to the Copy Manager, the Copywriter will partner and work with other creatives, writing and delivering excellent creative copy, corporate writing as well as ad concepts for different types of integrated advertising, from concept to finished product.
Must be a strong writer with a passion for writing across all media: digital, editorial, print, in-store signage, social, etc. Brainstorming and sharing ideas without being precious is key, as well as editing and proof-reading copy. The Copywriter must help to create a fun and inspirational creative in-house agency.
- Digital: Work closely with the Copy Manager and design team to deliver fresh, fun and relevant digital content. A good understanding of SEO is necessary.
- Social: Create copy with exceptional cut-through on all social platforms as well as leading the copy on both brand’s IG stories.
- Charity: Deliver and produce brilliant creative ideas and copy for our chosen charity campaigns across all media.
- Store openings: Create and execute integrated store opening campaigns (ATL, BTL, in-store, ambient and tactical)
- In store: Create one-of-a-kind, inspirational copy for promotions and events in partnership with the design team to deliver an integrated campaign.
- Various media: Help produce creative work for ambient media such as buses, lorries, bags and one-off guerrilla marketing.
- Direct/Door-drop: Work closely with creative partners and designers to deliver effective and intriguing direct mail and door-drop copy.
- Collateral: Work with the designers to create strong creative concepts for in store promotions and other collateral materials e.g. corporate pack, ethical policies, company newsletter, leaflets, hand-outs etc.
- PR: Work with the Comms team to enhance copy for PR.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have an independent and fresh tone-of-voice, work closely with other creative partners and provide effective copy that compliments the creative.
- Retail or advertising experience.
- Experience writing for all types of media.
- Ability to respond to a creative brief in a variety of styles.
- An easy-going, enthusiastic and flexible approach.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong communication skills.
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future.
Closing 6 July 2019
- The Creative Engagement Group
Junior Fashion Writer, Dazed Digital
Closing 12 July 2019
- Dazed Group
Want more Midweight Copywriter jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Writer jobs, Proofreader jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.