Midweight Conceptual Designer
Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's most-loved way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients and a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested in our technology, data capability and product to make sure the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
Whether it’s innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey, or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste, every team plays a part in our amazing growth.
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
The Creative Team:
Our Creative Team is home to Copywriters, Designers and our very own Photography studio. As a Creative at Gousto, you’ll feast your eyes on groundbreaking brand partnerships (Wagamama? Marmite? Joe Wicks? Yes please!), mouthwatering photoshoots (may we refer you to our DIY pizzas), and red hot new recipe ranges right from the oven. We make everything look and sound Gousto, from the billboards you see at train stations to the big red box that arrives at your doorstep.
We’ve built a team of razor sharp creative talent in recent years, but the Gousto trajectory is rocket-worthy and every team in the biz wants to work with us. We need more creative muscle in our gang so we can get stuck into every opportunity we get our pencils on. So if you love food – looking at it, writing about it, photographing it, or just thinking about it – and want to share that passion with the world, send us your tastiest portfolio and dust off your best chat. You could be our missing ingredient!
We've got some big marketing and development plans and we're looking for a conceptual designer/creative brimming with ideas to help bring them to life. As well as tackling the big projects, we'd like to find someone who’s just as keen to put their heart into the little touches too.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being creative. Consistently coming up with original, creative ideas and taking them from initial scamps, through concept development, design and art-working to final delivery.
- Developing and executing to high standards, on big and small creative briefs, for campaigns, packaging, events and all digital channels.
- Collaborating with your fellow creatives (copywriters, designers, photographers), brand team members (social media, PR, brand managers) and folks from all over the company.
- Developing, promoting and protecting the Gousto brand both internally and externally.
- Collaborating with the Senior Designer and Head of Creative to manage creative projects – taking their input and guidance where needed.
- Providing art direction to our freelancers and photographers, when working in partnership to deliver seasonal campaigns.
- Pitching (creative and process improvement) ideas to key stakeholders across the business.
- Project managing briefs all the way through the creative process.
- Bringing a positive energy and a creative point of view to the brand community and Gousto as a whole.
To apply for this role you'll have a design-related degree, solid commercial experience and shedloads of creativity. You’ll also show a sound understanding of the Gousto brand and culture. You'll be used to taking on projects from scratch and have the ability to juggle a large workload and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You'll have advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and be excellent at setting up artwork files, at delivering print and digital creative, at passing print on press and at taking an ad from concept to delivery.
As well as top-notch creative and design skills, you’ll have:
- Experience interpreting a creative brief and establishing an understanding of client requirements and business challenges.
- Experience of implementing and policing brand guidelines and brand positioning.
- Exceptional organisation, communication and presentation skills.
- A natural ability to build great relationships with people from across the business.
- The ability to multitask under pressure and work quickly while maintaining absolute attention to detail.
Finally, it’ll tip the scales in your favour, if you have:
- Experience of working on national and international brands (and with great FMCG brands).
- Expertise with After Effects or other video editing software and animation skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of print, packaging and digital production techniques.
- Awareness of and interest in the latest design, social and cultural trends.
What’s it like working at Gousto?
All of us are responsible for the success of Gousto. Our guiding values – dream, deliver and care – show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with.
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers – they are key to our success – and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth.
**We are currently remote working due to COVID-19. Our Environment Team has been busy reviewing how we could fully reopen our offices, when lockdown measures begin to ease and what additional safety measures we would need to implement to keep our people safe.**
Our offices are ergonomically tested for comfort, noise levels and ensuring we have different spaces to collaborate in. Not to mention daily coffee, tea, fruit and ice creams (vegan options too). We have weekly Friday socials ranging from team updates, birthday celebrations, meet ups and more. Soft drinks, beer, wine and more snacks included (well, we do love food).
Ping pong, gaming events, running clubs to pub clubs, wellbeing days and quarterly people events are just a few of the initiatives currently in place, with more to be announced.
All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and you can buy up to 5 days extra holiday.
- A holiday day added each year (up to 30 days).
- 40% Gousto discount.
- Your first Gousto box FREE.
- 25% Gousto discount for friends and family.
- Gousto Academy training courses.
- Free food and recipes from the test kitchen.
- Gousto stash – hoodie, notepad, mug.
For the full Gousto list of benefits just get in touch and we can share all the details.
One of our core values at Gousto is Care, and it applies to every aspect of life at Gousto. From fair wages, working hours and freedom of association, to equal opportunities for growth and development within the company, we are committed to ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
Just as we see variety as central to our menu, we see diversity and inclusion as central to our organisation. We work together as one team, combining our strengths and our differences to achieve our dreams. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination in the workplace – at Gousto, everyone’s welcome.
Senior Graphic Designer - Contract
Closing 18 March 2021
- Square Enix
- remote, temp to perm, part time
Creative Digital Design Manager
Closing 9 March 2021
Want more Midweight Conceptual Designer jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.