Middleweight graphic designer
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Working with Proposals writers and department specialists to design and produce high-end pitch documents, presentations and accompanying collateral, for Christie’s business-getting. This is often to tight deadlines.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following)
- Design printed documents, presentation boxes and digital presentations. Using images of client’s property and text from a Proposal Writer. Create individually tailored documents using brand colours, fonts and stock images - using Adobe CC (InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator) in a Mac environment; ensure the appropriate design is carried through and realised
- Design vanity catalogues and mock-ups of other marketing material where necessary to enhance the presentation. This will involve working directly with department Specialists;
- Take ownership of the process of design corrections and the creation of print-ready artwork for text pages, dustjackets, covers, mock catalogues and other props, often to tight deadlines;
- Work collaboratively with writers/specialists to produce a proposal document which meets both the expectations of the client and the specialist;
- Receive feedback directly from specialists and senior executives and take responsibility for incorporating into the document design;
- Lead on document formats, paper selection and print choices;
- Take ownership of the print process (whether this is printing proposals in-house or arranging to send out to 3rdparty supplier), finish and bind;
- Prepare final layouts for external printers and ensure their specifications are met;
- Act as a point of liaison between writers/specialists and printers, and take responsibility for smooth communication at all times;
- Liaise with printers to ensure deadlines are met;
- Work with printers and bookbinders to keep up-to-date with printing advances, materials and formats;
- Create “mock-ups” and “visual aids” which involve the client’s property being superimposed onto a number of marketing materials in Photoshop;
- Design and mount presentation boards and materials in-house or arrange for them to be produced externally.
- Help to create design solutions for smaller business-getting efforts: including letter-writing, layout for illustrated letters, co-ordination of mock-ups and PowerPoint, Keynote or pdf presentations.
- Focus on innovation: work with the Head of Dept in developing innovative formats, and in particular, the team’s response to advances in digital software;
- Graphic Design qualification with 4 years experience
- Be comfortable with formulating creative solutions under pressure
- A strong interest in typography
- Mac proficient in Adobe CS5/6 (InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator)--with experience in Keynote and PowerPoint. Digital design experience also good but not essential
- Art working skills and a good working knowledge of Style Sheets in InDesign
- Experience of a design or publishing agency and/or presenting directly to clients
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good organisational skills and competent in time management
- Knowledge of printing methods
- Show initiative
- Have strong sense of accountability
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Drive and innovation
Creative Operations Manager
Closing 11 July 2018
Senior UX Designer and UX Designers
Closing 4 July 2018
- Cambridge University Press
- perm, temp, temp to perm
Want more Middleweight graphic designer jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Typographer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.