Middleweight Graphic Designer
Well-known high-end fashion brand are on the lookout for a fresh, creative designer for their in-house studio.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a confident and experienced Creative Designer to join an in-house team within a client facing office, for a large print group.
This demanding, but rewarding, role is based on site at the Head Office in Central London. It goes without saying that you’ll be a talented creative with natural design flair who can always find a solution, no matter what the brief is.
As a Designer for a well-known fashion brand on the high street, you’ll need to be a quick creative thinker, with a keen eye for detail. This is a hands on, fast paced role, where you will not only be designing concepts, but be able to produce print ready artwork, so a high level of skill in Adobe Creative Suite is essential. It’s important you can demonstrate a clear passion for design within the fashion and retail sector, and you’ll have a strong portfolio that you will present at interview.
Key Qualities, Skills and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the client, account manager and in-house designers to concept and develop ideas for seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Design and deliver key creative and commercial messages, to include window displays, instore POS, lookbooks, promotional and event literature, magazine advertisements, internal documents and local marketing.
- Ensure design consistency across multiple channels, ensuring all teams have a clear understanding of how each season should be delivered.
- Take and develop briefs from the client, so you’ll need to be an excellent communicator.
- Manage the workflow of your projects through the studio, ensuring all work is completed on deadline.
- Have an excellent knowledge of artworking for print, with the ability to take projects from initial concept through to final print ready files where required.
- Present and discuss ideas in design critiques and attend client meetings, so you’ll be happy to take and give feedback.
- Have a keen awareness for fashion and retail trends to ensure all creative is current, exciting and maintains customer engagement.
- A degree in Graphic Design or similar.
- At least 4 years’ experience working within an agency or and in-house design focused environment.
- Experience of marketing design is desirable along with an understanding of retail space and customer journeys.
- An ability to deliver and implement creative ideas across multiple channels.
- Collaborative skills to work closely with the retail client and the internal design team.
- A natural eye for typography, colour, layout, photography and branding.
- A first-class knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Print process/production knowledge is desirable.
- Retouching skills would be beneficial.
- An ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritise workload under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of all office applications.
- Mac user.
- Be an extremely creative person and a conceptual thinker who is not afraid to push boundaries.
- Have a clear passion for design in fashion retail and marketing.
- Have excellent attention to detail and be self-motivated.
- Be a strong team player and communicator who can lead and inspire.
- Be client focused and always strive to provide an exceptional service.
- Be organised, proactive and enthusiastic.
- Work in an efficient way with excellent time management.
- Be able to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment, within which you’ll be dedicated and happy to do what is required to meet the brief.
Assistant Footwear designer, MCQ
Closing 3 January 2020
- Alexander McQueen
Closing 3 January 2020
start January 2020
- Dekko Limited
- £22,000 to 25,000 p/a
Want more Middleweight Graphic Designer jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.