Middleweight Graphic Designer - Ted Baker
TED’s guide to what a Middleweight Designer does round here….
If you’re at the point in your career where you’re itching to take your creativity to the next level, while also looking to take on more responsibility, then a Midweight creative position at Ted could be just the ticket.
Reporting to the Head of Creative, a Midweight creative role and responsibility at Ted is to engage our valued customers through unforgettable and unorthodox ideas that always embrace our brand’s quirky sense of humour and British roots.
To be a middleweight graphic designer, Ted specifically needs: highly creative ideas, polished executions that meet our ‘quality control’ standards, strong attention to (design) detail, an eye for applying finishing Ted touches and a high level of finessing.
He/she must be a fast worker and excellent at multi-tasking, with the ability to turn a project around quickly with no loss of quality whilst delivering to highest possible standards. Ted wants you to show that you are ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent communication skills… that you are able to challenge a brief… and to demonstrate that you have the talent to deliver fantastic creative ideas that are absolutely right for the Ted brand and therefore engage Ted’s customer!
Overall, Ted wants to meet a talented, experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated designer – someone who has a creative and commercial mind and the ability to grasp a brief with both hands. You will need to develop distinctive ideas and executions (without looking for continuous direction / organization from senior team members), and a significant amount of experience in presenting ideas and concepts.
• Proactive, focused and ambitious
• Positive and forward-thinking
• Committed and hard working
• Highly creative thinker, excellent at idea generation and visualisation
• Effective communication and organisation skills
• Able to take on new ideas and direction
• Fast worker (excellent at multi-tasking projects) with a cool head under fire
• Polished / high quality executions
• Strong attention to (design) detail
• A keen eye for applying finishing touches + high level of finessing
• Ability to contribute towards creative teams’ positive atmosphere
• Thorough knowledge of printing process
• Experience briefing photographers, illustrators, artworkers and retouchers
The job in more detail
• Fully conversant in Adobe Creative Suite – particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Excellent skills in typography, illustration, photography, layout, and idea generation are a must
• Ability to respond to any given briefs and to generate ideas (+ research into the relevant areas in order to bring new ideas to the table)
• Maintain a good level of communication with the Head of Creative / Creative Projects Manager on ideas, print costs and possible routes for development
• Ability, if required, to place orders with printers and suppliers and ensure a full print spec is given to ensure no complications or misunderstandings take place • Ability to react quickly and efficiently to last minute briefs on tight deadlines, and to juggle / manage a range of projects – and your own time – effectively
• Areas that you must be able to work within are as follows:
– product branding
– POS – in-store graphics and signage
– marketing campaigns and give-aways
– promotional concepts
– event invitations
– direct mailers and postcards
– labelling and trims
– corporate literature, packaging to large format graphics
– digital communications
– new ideas brought to the business
– and much, much more!
Graphic Designer for Lichfields
Closing 14 October 2017
Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
Closing 14 October 2017
- Design WildWest
- £26,000 to 28,000 p/a
Want more Middleweight Graphic Designer - Ted Baker jobs?
Want to find more Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, 3D Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Flash Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, POS Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs, Publishing Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.