M&S Food is changing, and fast! We are undergoing one of the biggest transformations in retailing today to build a bigger, better, fresher food business.
From Percy Pig to the freshest M&S Select Farms produce, we grow, source, and develop our own products to give our customers family-ready food that's unbeatable on flavour and innovation.
We need motivated people who are ready to bring their whole self to work and give it their all in a fast-paced team committed to being the best. After all, this is not just food… This is M&S Food.
We are looking to have a Digital Designer join our team. Working as part of the in-house design team, you will be responsible for crafting assets across email, web, social media and print, ensuring all work is delivered to the upmost standard.
A highly creative, proactive and enquiring individual who will be good at communicating and sharing their ideas and work, whilst also working well as a team and collaborating with others.
What will I be responsible for?
- Owing projects from brief through to final delivery whilst working alongside partners including; Account Managers, Copywriters and Developers
- Crafting engaging email campaigns
- Crafting digital design assets for our website, microsites and digital advertisements
- Working with the social media team to build engaging assets for social media platforms, using animation.
- Working on print projects, including direct mails
- Be responsible for making sure all work is on brand as per our brand guidelines, and being responsible for maintaining channel-specific guidelines where vital
- Having awareness of best practice in designing for web, UX and responsive design
- To bring ideas and approaches, as well as being knowledgeable of current industry trends
- Introduce trends from design, including digital and CRM by sharing best practices from brands & retailers
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Aftereffects)
- Knowledge of UX principles
- Basic knowledge of CSS/HTML
- Experience using Sketch and prototyping tools (an asset, not crucial)
- Highly creative with a good eye for detail
- Passion for design
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative - able to work well independently, as well as within a team
- Collaboration – working with multiple teams and partners
- Ability to balance projects and timelines
- Experience working in retail an advantage
Key relationships and partners:
- Design team
- CRM & Loyalty
- Brand comms – social, online and editorial
- Food & local marketing
- External agencies - Whippet
Want more Middleweight Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.