We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic mid-weight designer to join our creative team at Octopus Group. The Midweight Designer will work closely with copywriters and design team, including the Head of Design and Creative Director, on multi-disciplined projects across print and digital. Fundamentally, we’re looking for someone with strong editorial chops, so you’ll need to have a great understanding of typography, content hierarchy, as well as setting up and using editorial grid systems. Your main job will be designing high-standard guides, reports and infographics for our tech clients, but you’ll also be happy getting involved in digital work on landing pages, social cards, banners and eDMs, as well as internal marketing collateral in support of the marketing team. If this sounds like you, get in touch - we’d love to hear from you. Octopus Group is a 65-strong integrated marketing agency, based in Farringdon. The Drum ranks us as a Top 100 independent agency, and we have been voted one of the best places to work by PR Week in 2017.
- Working with the Head of Design to develop initial design concepts and follow them through to final artwork.
- Work collaboratively with our account and marketing teams to deliver against briefs, and develop visual concepts, mock-ups and final deliverables.
- Editorial design - guides, reports and infographics.
- Digital design for landing pages, eDMs, banners and social assets.
- In-depth understanding of our clients’ brand guidelines.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout your work
- Act as an ambassador for the Octopus Group brand
- Drive client satisfaction across all touch points to ensure a consistent and positive experience with Octopus Group
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and passion when articulating creative work
- Skilled in Adobe CC, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Solid understanding of editorial grids, content hierarchy and layout
- Ability to scamp ideas before design
- Ability to follow, interpret and build upon brand guidelines
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines
- Some understanding of digital design
- Good organisational skills
- A sense of humour!
- Minimum 5 years experience in the creative industry.
- Agency experience preferred but not a blocker
Closing 26 November 2017
- Oxford University Press
- Competitive depending on skills and experience.
Digital & Print Designer for Savile Row Co.
Closing 7 December 2017
- Savile Row Company
- 30k - £35k + Company Bonus
Want more Middleweight Designer jobs?
Want to find more Creative Team jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Editorial Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.