Middleweight Designer for Legatum Institute Foundation
Job Title: Middleweight Designer
Line Manager: Director of Communications
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Middleweight Designer will be responsible for consistently applying the Legatum Institute brand across a wide selection of internal and external communications touchpoints. The successful applicant will be responsible for the creation of digital and printed marketing collateral, including websites, reports, newsletters, fact sheets, presentations, events and videos.
- Overseeing and managing multiple design projects, creating templates for publications and digital initiatives, updating factsheets, case studies, newsletters, and presentations.
- Working with the wider communications team to come up with ideas, taking the lead on design briefs and transforming them into successful, marketable concepts.
- Supporting the development of the design and visual language of the Institute website and publications.
- Assisting with website updates
- Providing support and updating photographic material (photo editing and resizing)
- Assist in the management, use, and maintenance of the Legatum Institute’s in-house AV equipment and auditorium
- Act as an ambassador or point of contact in person within the Legatum Institute (or other venue) to interact face to face with an audience or individuals and represent the Institute’s mission and views in conversation or presentation.
- Assist the Director of Communications in other duties, including assisting with events, or representing the organization at events
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: CEO, Director of Communications, COO, Director of Policy, Programme Directors, Digital Communications Manager, Communications Manager, Fellows.
External: Key programme stakeholders, web developers, printers, external suppliers.
SPECIFIC MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Direct reports: None
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to meet deadlines under time pressure, prioritising tasks wisely or under direction.
- A conceptual thinker with great visualising skills
- Strong graphic design portfolio including some examples of work relevant to this role
- Proficient in the core Adobe Creative Suite applications: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Experience in creating artwork for digital and lithographic print.
- Experience in creating, editing and delivering video content, including the use of video editing software such as Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of digital marketing, including an active interest in social media.
- Experience managing content-driven websites on platforms such as WordPress.
- Interest in and experience of the UK Political landscape, personalities and institutions.
- Knowledge of the press and broadcast media and a keen up to date interest in news: both the content and the means of production
- Highly self-motivated, organised, with a positive and proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Good judgment about when to use initiative and when to consult
- Professional and establishes rapport easily
- Resonance with the Institute’s mission
The post holder should undertake such other duties within the scope of the post as may be reasonably requested by their manager.
This job description reflects the main responsibilities of the post. From time to time there may be some changes in the emphasis on the duties or tasks without altering their general character or the level of responsibility. Should significant changes to the job description become necessary, the post holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job description.
Digital Creative for This Here
Closing 12 March 2019
- This Here
Graphic Designer for International Institute of Anti-Ageing
Closing 16 March 2019
- Institute of Anti-Ageing
- £29,000 pa plus great company benefits and working environment
Want more Middleweight Designer jobs?
Want to find more Creative Artworker jobs, Creative Team jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, Events Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, POS Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.