Mid-weight Visual Designer
HELLO, WE’RE IMPERO:
We’re an independent, award-winning, design focused creative agency.
We work with high profile, global brands such as, The Glenlivet, Havana Club & Chivas, Corona, Budweiser, Mikes Seltzer, Nature Valley, Ugg, Unicef, Danone, and a bunch of others.
We’re pretty good at what we do. In 2018 we won five Agency of The Year(s) including The Drum DADI Agency of the Year. We were also shortlisted as Campaign Independent Agency of the Year. And, this year made it onto the Campaign Mag 100 best places to work.
Next we have our sights set on a D&AD and/or Cannes Lion this year.
There’s about 30 of us (not including the dogs) — but that number grows all the time because we’re still young, ambitious and do great work.
We’re also 70% female and proudly have 100% pay parity, and it kind of annoys us that we even have to mention that as something that’s unique within this industry.
We gladly do things differently. We ‘re super ambitious, brutally honest and always deliver.
We don’t really like the ‘Old Guard’ of advertising. Working here is hell of a lot of fun.
Midweight Designers are one of the most reliable designers in the team. You should have a great understanding of the agency’s system, an ability to take on all design tasks, assist or even lead projects independently. Midweights should be organised and show initiative. You should support senior team members but also be able to step up and take over any of their projects if it’s required of them. You will have a hand in most of the projects we work on, whether it’s character creation, content animations or simply bringing our work to life.
Midweights should have sound technical skills, a clear understanding of design trends and an ability to apply different styles across brands. You should have a good understanding of visual design and typography and be able to contribute to concept sessions as well as sell in their ideas clearly.
Most importantly, you must have the same drive as the rest of our team to push Impero to continue making award winning work. You must be talented, ambitious & driven.
YOUR GOALS FOR YEAR ONE:
- Work on one project that will win a web award/accolade.
- Be involved in two pitch wins.
- Learn one new design-related skill.
- Receive 90% positive feedback on your 360 peer review.
THE TYPE OF PEOPLE WE WANT TO MEET:
If you live and breathe design, we want to meet you. But above all, you must embody our core values and fit within our culture. We want to meet you if you…
– have 3 plus years agency experience.
– have an active interest in animation.
– have amazing visual design skills and a thousand unique styles and ideas tucked away.
– enjoy being challenged by a versatile change of creative work.
– have a strong understanding of design trends and how to harness them.
– have good communication and presentation skills in selling your ideas within your team.
– are able to problem solve and bring solutions to the table.
– are proactive and committed to developing your own knowledge and skills.
– unafraid to roll up your sleeves and muck in.
– are organised and self-disciplined with and ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines.
– are driven, motivated and have meticulous attention to detail.
– have a can do attitude and a bit of the old entrepreneurial spirit.
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT THE MIGHTY IMPERO INCLUDE:
- To be part of something special — this is an exciting growing agency with no board of directors, or shareholders to report to.
- Flexible working.
- The ability to stamp your mark on an organisation – and not just be a cog in the machine.
- Free snacks and coffee.
- Regular breakfasts with the whole team.
- Seasonal company parties.
- Annual personal development plan and training budget for your own growth.
- The love of seven rotating office dogs.
- A ‘yes work’s important, but let’s not get too serious’ vibe.
- A distinct lack of bureaucracy or politics.
- Ownership over your own projects whilst enjoying an inclusive environment.
- Beer. Gin. Rum. Cognac. Whiskey. Snacks. (Working with our clients has added perks).
Closing 14 March 2021
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Closing 13 March 2021
- R/GA London
Want more Mid-weight Visual Designer jobs?
Want to find more Visualiser - 3D jobs, Digital Animator jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Character Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.