Mid-weight Graphic Designer
Rare opportunity to join one of Britain's art institutions and produce beautiful high quality print work.
Our client is looking for a middleweight designer to work with proposals writers and department specialists for tailored brochures, boxes/packs, coffee books and vanity catalogues.
- Create individually tailored documents using brand colours, fonts and stock images - using Adobe CC (InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator) in a Mac environment;
- Take ownership of the process of design corrections and the creation of print-ready artwork for text pages, dustjackets, covers, mock catalogues and other props, often to tight deadlines;
- Work collaboratively with writers/specialists to produce a proposal document which meets both the expectations of the client and the specialist;
- Receive feedback directly from specialists and senior executives and take responsibility for incorporating into the document design;
- Lead on document formats, paper selection and print choices;
- Take ownership of the print process (whether this is printing proposals in-house or arranging to send out to 3rd party supplier), finish and bind;
- Prepare final layouts for external printers and ensure their specifications are met;
- Act as a point of liaison between writers/specialists and printers, and take responsibility for smooth communication at all times;
- Focus on innovation: work with the Head of Dept in developing innovative formats, and in particular, the team's response to advances in digital software;
- Graphic Design qualification with 4 years experience
- Be comfortable with formulating creative solutions under pressure
- A strong interest in typography
- Mac proficient in Adobe CS5/6 (InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator)-with experience in Keynote and PowerPoint. Digital design experience also good but not essential
- Art working skills and a good working knowledge of Style Sheets in InDesign
- Experience of a design or publishing agency and/or presenting directly to clients and/or experience in luxury/premium brands
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, good organisational skills and competent in time management
- Knowledge of printing methods
- Have strong sense of accountability
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Drive and innovation
- Imagination, enthusiasm, flexibility
This is a wonderful opportunity for a graphics designer who knows their craft. To apply, please attach a relevant CV and folio.
Senior Packaging Designer - Slice
Closing 17 August 2018
Motion Graphics Designer / Senior Designer
Closing 18 August 2018
- Abstract Design
- 26,000 to 32,000 p/a
Want more Mid-weight Graphic Designer jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Pre Press Artworker jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.