Mid-weight Designer (Graphic Designer with pack expertise) for Butterfly London
As a leading Brand and Innovation company with global reach, we are looking for sharp minds with true creative flair. Curious people who get a real buzz from pushing the boundaries to create strong visual content with an infectious passion for challenging the status quo.
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-weight designer to join our studio. We want someone who can get stuck in and bring their creativity and experience to the table whilst leading a wide range of projects with global reach.
What does the role include?
We need a multi-disciplinary designer that can provide design solutions across print, digital and packaging. You will lead and support on projects, be client facing and help manage the day-to-day of the studio.
We want to see a portfolio filled with creativity and originality spanning across a range of disciplines and applications. We’re keen to see a considered approach to packaging, typography and layout.
• 2-3 years experience in similar roles
• You have extensive knowledge and technical ability in InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
• True Creative flair; you have originality and a strong visual sense. You have a great understanding of design principles, theories and practices and are able to articulate and present ideas clearly • A confident understanding of preparing artwork for print is vital
• The ability to take packaging from concept through to shelf
• Experience in mentoring junior members of the team
• Knowledge of After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro and HTML is an advantage
• You should always be looking to push your boundaries and challenge the brief
• You will bring Fresh ideas to the table pushing the team in new creative directions
• The ability to work both in a team and by yourself
• You should have excellent communications skills and get a real enjoyment in building strong relationships with team members
• You have the ability to plan and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• You have Bundles of creativity and an impressive work ethic
• You live and breathe design!
About the Design Team
The purpose of our Design team is to partner with the strategy team, supporting all projects throughout the process, and ultimately to bring that strategy to life in ways that make it shareable and contagious for our clients into graphic, film, animation and digital work.
Our designers and strategists work together, challenging each other to think differently and deliver great work. We are a truly international design team that specialises in graphic design, video and animation. We see brands as real entities with personality, heart and soul.
Our aim is to create design that truly resonates with an audience. We believe that if the brand strategy speaks to the mind, the design speaks to the soul. We do it for the challenge, the hard work, the satisfaction.
We believe in the power of Emotions. Butterfly was born with the idea that emotions drive our behavior. We were founded 2009 with the clear ambition of becoming a leading brand strategy and innovation company with an expertise in building emotional connections between brands and consumers.
What also makes us different is that half of our strategic or innovation work takes place in the most fascinating emerging markets around the word, from Mexico to Russia. The Butterfly team, currently 40 and growing, truly reflect this diversity: over 20 languages can be heard within our studio!
The Butterfly nest is on The River Thames in SW London and we now also have our office across the pond in Manhattan NYC with great ambitions to spread our wings even further. There is still a strong start-up atmosphere within Butterfly valuing entrepreneurship, ownership and growth. We’ve got bags of experience, but we’re still fascinated by new trends, new directions and we are more than ever fueled by a sense of curiosity about the world.
Artworker for RNLI
Closing 27 December 2018
- part time
- £25 to 30 p/a
Senior Designer / Design Team Lead for Creative Pod
Closing 2 January 2019
- Creative Pod
Want more Mid-weight Designer (Graphic Designer with pack expertise) jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Creative Team jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Editorial Designer jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, POS Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.