Mid-Weight Copywriter – TTL
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
A mid-weight level role, the successful candidate will ideally have 3-5 years’ experience. You’ll be working as part of a copy team, headed by our Creative Director of Copy and work alongside dedicated resource and project managers.
You’ll play a key role in helping Sky Creative’s copy team expand, fuel our growing reputation and prove beyond doubt that the best work is always the most effective work.
What you’ll do:
– A chance to work across a wide range of Sky brands such as TV, Broadband and Mobile.
– Become a brand guardian for copy, whilst becoming a fount of knowledge and information about Sky.
– Be an ambassador for the copy team and help champion the value of our work across the business.
– Work with our hardworking, creative-focused project managers to really get under the skin of a brief and see beyond just the task.
– Be able to work in a fast-paced environment (but always supported by our dedicated resource managers).
What you’ll bring:
– You’ll probably have had a creative university education rather than a background in journalism or editorial
– You’ll be a writer who loves writing. Punchy short copy. Absorbing long copy. Outstanding headlines and compelling calls to action.
– You’ll be able to express your ideas and apply your writing skills across media: from posters to emails, DM to print ads, digital and more
– Make a persuasive case for our clients’ products and services. And sell them. But you’ll understand you’re the customer’s advocate (not the client’s or agency’s)
– Insatiably curious and steadfast in your pursuit of excellence, both technically proficient and dedicated to the craft of writing.
– An ability to present persuasively and defend your ideas and their execution. You’ll naturally think outside the box and your work will push the envelope. But you’ll never write any clichés like those.
As part of Sky’s Consumer Group, Sky Creative Agency provides Advertising, Brand Design and Broadcast Creative for multiple partners across the business. We have recently integrated Sky Works, Sky’s in-house Trading agency to create a fully integrated 360 through-the-line operation.
Our work is varied, from Broadcast Design teams embedded in Sky News to specialist digital performance marketing teams, brand Advertising and Master brand ownership. We are leading the way in an industry wide trend for in-housing and day in day out we are relentless in raising the standards of our work.
Our ambition is to drive excellence in Sky’s advertising and to help build Europe’s leading entertainment brand. We are committed to diversity, inclusivity, and as Europe’s largest in-house agency, believe we can be role models for our industry.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.