Mid- Level Retoucher
The Retouching department retouch a wide variety of fashion and stills imagery for all ASOS product pages. The retouching team work to represent the product in a true to life form ensuring what customers pull out of the box is the same as what they saw on site.
Life at ASOS is fast paced – Studio shoot around 20,000 images every week so our team needs to ensure that these products are ready to go live on site as soon as possible; all the while ensuring that the images are consistent and authentically represent the ASOS brand. Not having a physical store, we need to make sure that every product shot is a close representation of the actual product and that the images look fantastic!
What you’ll be doing:
- Retouching a full range of products in line with the ASOS edit guidelines.
- Consistently achieve targeted KPIs.
- Developing technical capabilities within Photoshop and software packages relevant to daily workflow.
- Identify areas of improvement, through review and research – presenting these findings within team meetings.
- Develop working knowledge of colour correction, performing skills necessary for the ASOS colour match process.
- Communicate effectively with Senior Retoucher’s, flagging any inconsistencies/irregularities that disrupt workflow.
- Develop an understanding of the departmental processes and targets.
- Working alongside the Senior Retoucher’s to ensure highest possible quality is met.
- Demonstrating a positive, proactive attitude towards all tasks.
We’d love to meet someone who:
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Proven experience working within a production department.
- Previous fashion e-commerce experience desirable.
- Knowledge of CaptureOne advantageous.
- Understanding and experience of Studio photography desirable.
- An ability to create actions for Adobe Photoshop.
- Intermediate level of colour correction and colour profiles.
- Solid understanding of e-commerce retouching and photoshop.
- Confident using a Wacom tablet.
- PC literate with working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and digital asset management software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently with a strong eye for detail.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to rapid change.
- Be a strong team player who is eager to learn and can grasp new information quickly.
- Understanding of current trends and how these relate to the ASOS customer.
- Keen interest in fashion along with relevant experience in the industry desirable.
What’s in it for you:
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more.
Retouching at ASOS:
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do. Asos Studios is a team of creative professionals; working together to ensure the entire production process is run seamlessly. It’s incredibly diverse, built up of several departments ranging from Studio, Shoot Operations, Retouching, Copy Writing and the Studios themselves. It’s a very busy, very exciting area to be a part of, requiring constant communication between the team, and all the other areas of the business.
Closing 3 January 2020
Closing 22 December 2019
- Reach Plc
- West Yorkshire
- Competitive plus company benefits
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.