Mid Level Product Designer
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 79,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Kingfisher is an exciting, inspiring place to be. We establish the strategy that leads the business. We drive innovation to inspire our customers. We set the tone of our global business. It can be challenging, but that goes hand in hand with the ability to make a difference – to the business, to the many people around the world that work for us, and to our customers.
As a Kingfisher Product Designer, you will use your creative skills in the delivery of design solutions for a number of digital products and features, for a number of household name brands. With an interesting remit, there is the opportunity to work on delivering industry leading features for complex journeys on a number of established digital products, from conception through to feature and component delivery.
You will be a part of a multi-disciplined team that deliver innovative and high crafted experiences to our customers; working collaboratively with other Product Designers, Service & Interaction Designers, Design Researchers, Solutions Architects, Visual Designers and Developers. You will understand how the products you are working on, form part of a bigger picture for the customer experience and wider business strategy.
Day to day you’ll be working with Design Leads and your team to create, test and refine ideas. You’ll be producing light-weight deliverables in a fast paced environment, with a focus on Lean delivery, in order to learn and iterate.
We are looking for someone that:
- Defines the user interface experiences through sketches, information architecture, wireframes and user flows.
- Prototype concepts to help communicate approach and for validate through testing.
- Communicates design rationale and approach, and how it relates to research findings, brand requirements and user needs.
- Create light weight specifications and style guides to supplement designs / prototypes for delivery teams.
- Follows, contribute and maintain a shared component and pattern library to support feature reuse across Digital.
- Develop visual approaches through storyboards, mock-ups, iconography and style-guides.
- Produces animations to demonstrate interactions.
- Participates in and contribute to design critiques and post project reviews.
- Designs for mobile, tablet and desktop, including responsive websites using mobile first design techniques.
- Yearly Company Bonus.
- Contribtory Pension.
- Healthcare Up To Family Cover.
- 20% Company Retail Discount.
- 25 days Annual Leave.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Senior UX Designer
Closing 16 December 2020
- Octopus Group
- £Competitive package
Product/UX Design Internship
Closing 27 January 2021
- Red Gate Software Ltd
Want more Mid Level Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.