Mid Design Researcher
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 79,000 hardworking people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Kingfisher is an exciting, inspiring place to be. We establish the strategy that leads the business. We drive innovation to encourage our customers. We set the tone of our global business. It can be exciting, but that goes hand in hand with the ability to make a difference – to the business, to the many people around the world that work for us, and to our customers.
As a Kingfisher Design Researcher, you will deliver high quality, impactful research to help craft the development of industry-leading, user-centred digital products and omnichannel experiences for a number of household name brands.
You will be responsible for owning the end-to-end delivery of research and translating results into relevant insights that advise product development and optimisation. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work particularly closely with Service Designers, UX / UI Designers and Product Owners to identify research opportunities that support business goals, involving them at key stages of the research process, and working with them to interpret and bring to bear the outputs.
The work you do will help teams understand and empathise with our users so that we can deliver excellent, innovative experiences that truly meet their needs.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for:
- Proactively identifying the need for research and crafting research plans that achieve business objectives.
- Running end to end research projects, including defining objectives and hypotheses, defining appropriate. methodologies, setting up and leading fieldwork, synthesising outputs, sharing insights in impactful ways, and working collaboratively with product teams to bring findings into the development process.
- Developing compelling outputs and artefacts based on research- e.g. personas/archetypes, customer journey maps, behavioural models, video edits, etc.
- Considering insights from various sources to build a holistic customer view (e.g. market research, analytics, broader trends, etc).
- Championing and defending the voice of the user, and advocating a user-centric design approach.
- Contributing to our Design Research processes and standard methodologies, and promoting the value of research.
- Working across the wider Kingfisher Group to synthesise knowledge and build a holistic understanding of our users.
We’re looking for somebody with:
- A natural curiosity and passion for understanding people, their motivations, their behaviours, and the challenges they face.
- Experience handling research across a range of generative and evaluative, qualitative and quantitative methodologies (e.g. ethnography, concept testing, usability testing (in lab & remote), guerilla testing, card sorting, diary studies, surveys, etc).
- Hands-on experience with the practicalities of running research, including recruiting processes, scheduling and logistics, protocol and questionnaire development, interviewing, analysis, and creation of research deliverables.
- Experience uncovering unarticulated user needs, synthesising existing research from a variety of sources, and translating observations into digestible, relevant insights that are connected to business goals.
- Strong communication and workshop facilitation skills.
- Experience handling partners.
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary agile delivery team.
- Strong planning, organisation and documentation skills.
- Ideally, previous experience working on omnichannel services, and digital experiences on mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Nice to have- proficient in French or Polish.
If this sounds like the right role for you, please apply now.
Want more Mid Design Researcher jobs?
Want to find more Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.