Media Planner - Discovery Communications
Sitting within the UK Marketing department, the Media Planning group is responsible for planning, co-ordinating and evaluating on-air promotional activity in line with the programming and marketing aims of the business. This is an exciting new role within a fast-moving dynamic department working for the world’s #1 pay-TV programmerResponsibilities:
- Sole day-to-day media planning responsibility for 2 key channels within the UK portfolio
- Responsible for translating the Network Media Plan into individual channel media plans
- Understanding and implementing sound cross promotional strategy through promotions and continuity
- Creation of effective, strategically sound continuity plans
- Schedule promotions using internal optimisation tool GRIPit
- Working on and self-managing ad hoc research projects
- Liaise with On-Air throughout production process
- Liaise with On-Air, Presentation and Operations re tape traffic
- Review channel output offering editorial insights and observations
- Weekly monitoring of campaign performance
- Create post-campaign research reports
- Create promo makelists
- Deputize for and assist other Media Planners as required
- Experience in Media Planning or Presentation Scheduling in a broadcast television or media agency.
- An appreciation of creative issues and very strong editorial understanding
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and numerical analysis.
- Interest in and knowledge of television output and the Discovery Network in particular.
- Understanding of the editorial and Presentation requirements of the schedule.
- Education – A level or equivalent.
- Computer literate with spreadsheet experience.
- Ability to work at a strategic level and with others and to follow instructions, cope well under pressure.
- Highly numerate with close attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Planning and organising skills with the ability to meet fixed deadlines.
Junior / Middleweight Copywriter - Global Fashion Retailer
Closing 17 October 2017
- Elite Associates
- £20,000 to 22,000 p/a
Creative Traffic Coordinator for Boden
Closing 14 October 2017
- Competitive basic + excellent benefits
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.