Media Operations Director for Digitas
Become a Operations Director at Digitas, a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising.
We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape.
We’re looking for an Director of Media Operations who is responsible for keeping up-to-date with and evaluating new technologies - using them to create and shape media strategies. The focus is to use technology to enable media that reaches the right audience with the right message at the right place. The Director is the keeper of media technology knowledge. The Director is responsible for keeping on top of the latest media technologies, bringing forward innovative solutions to the media team, and is responsible for identifying opportunities and managing the technology.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Commands a comprehensive understanding of digital marketing which can be effectively translated into developing thoughtful and actionable implementation and measurable strategies/plans
- Works with interdepartmental teams to identify issues and opportunities on business through use of unique serving media technologies in planning and executing media
- Maintains a clear and reasonable vision of "next steps" and the "big picture" during meetings or when the parameters of a project changes
- Evaluates, assesses and recommends the most effective campaign implementation solutions to satisfy clients' objectives based on the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of each
- Effectively uses and explains campaign implementation resources (e.g., third party ad servers such as Google, Flashtaling, Sizmek etc.) to relevant parties
- Aids in translating information included in Results Analyses into observations/lessons learned
- Works with multi-level Media teams, Delivery Management, Account Management, Creative and Measurement to ensure a seamless integration of work
- Maintains appropriate mid/senior-level client, vendor and interdepartmental relationships
- Builds client, vendor and interdepartmental respect and is recognized as a leader on their business
- Manages relevant parties expectations on realistic implementation deliverables
- "Pushes the envelope" with vendors to create solutions that work best to satisfy the needs of Digitas and our clients
- Reviews, assesses and makes recommendations on departmental resources/preferred vendors
- Aids in completing monthly staffing analysis reports
- Develops, reviews and approves budgets to ensure that the necessary resources are forecasted and applied
- Monitors and manages budgets by account/client
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four year degree
- 7-9 years experience
- Creative agency experience desired
- Strong technical skills
- Effective time management skills
- Proficient in usage of third party ad serving systems
- Extensive experience in implementing rich media applications
- Firm understanding of creating and managing fee budgets
- Experience and firm understanding of measuring campaign performance
- Experience in managing people and projects
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.