Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The English Language Teaching Division is a global leader in the provision of multimedia English language teaching and learning materials. Operating in over 100 countries, it reaches millions of teachers and students each year to support the development of English language proficiency.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, organised and enthusiastic individual to join our Media team, commissioning still and moving image creation involving illustration, photography and some video/animation.
Working closely with editors and designers and external creative suppliers including freelance Media Managers, design studios, illustrators, photographers and production companies, the role will involve:
- project management, including outsourcing & managing freelance suppliers
- sourcing and the commissioning of illustrations, animations & external video producers
- organising and directing photo shoots and/or videoshoot
- picture research and/or video footage research
- video post-production and editing
- project budget management & scheduling
- commissioning production companies and attending shoots
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- degree in film, design, illustration, or equivalent
- experience of managing projects involving image (moving and still) creation
- experience in outsourcing, including negotiating fees and managing budgets
- experience of professional art editng / art buying (illustration and photography) and animation skills in a publishing environment desirable
- knowledge of video production, including production, post-production, After Effects and Video Editing desirable
- knowledge of relevant copyright and licensing law
- experience in creating digital product and an understanding of XML, HTML5, CSS desirable
- working knowledge of Adobe CC, MS Office, After Effects and Video Editing applications desirable
As well as the relevant knowledge and experience, you will also have:
- a strong visual sense, keen eye for detail and a passion for illustration, photography and film
- the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- the ability to manage and work within a budget
- effective negotiation and relationship building skills
- great communication skills
- an enthusiastic positive attitude
- excellent time management, task prioritizing, and scheduling skills
- experience of working with children and child model licensing beneficial
As part of your application, you may wish to attach relevant examples of your work. If you reach interview stage, you will be asked to bring along a piece of work to talk about – this can be your own work, a personal project or simply a piece of work you admire; it does not need to be ELT related.
Designer - Argos
Closing 6 August 2018
- Milton Keynes
Closing 22 July 2018
- Oxford University Press
- 27,000 to 32,000 p/a
Want more Media Manager jobs?
Want to find more Studio Manager jobs, Digital Creative Team jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Post Production Coordinator jobs, Media Buyer jobs, Media Planner jobs, Traffic Manager jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.