Master Lead Animator
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We’re a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Animator who is ready for the challenge of leading a team of world-class Gameplay Animators towards our next 90+ Metacritic title while enforcing and informing the Animation Director’s vision of the project, holding reviews and providing feedback to the team, leading-by-example, and pushing the boundaries of animation in video games.
- Responsible for managing and developing the individuals within the Gameplay Animation team to ensure they are achieving the best results, are happy, and set up to excel within the studio.
- Work closely with the Animation Director to Lead the Gameplay Animation teams to produce world-class animation for our titles, which will include dedicating a portion of time throughout the milestones to produce content for the game.
- Responsible for working with the production team to create schedules/roadmaps for the Gameplay Animation teams, delivering across the stages of the project.
- Manage the Gameplay Animation backlogs, bugs, and risks in an effective manner, to ensure the smooth running of the department throughout the project.
- Scope, manage, and run the Outsource plans for Gameplay Animation when required. This will include:
- Assembling benchmark internal asset packs and documentation.
- Quality control and providing clear and regular feedback.
- Liaise with key members of staff and dependency departments, to identify workflow issues and potential requirements.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of all relevant documentation for the project(s), including naming & terminology for all gameplay animation assets and folder structures.
- Extensive experience in Gameplay Animation within a Leadership position.
- An exceptional eye for detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including morale, influence, motivation and the ability to write clear, detailed documentation.
- Able to work well on your own to develop ideas, vision, and direction for the team, as well as work as part of the larger team.
- Self-motivated to learn new techniques and methods.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience.
- Solid working experience of Motion Builder.
- Solid working practices in Excel, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, and Shotgun.
- Good working knowledge of 3DSMax.
- Experience in leading/managing outsource teams.
- A keen interest in developing and executing high-quality Facial animation is advantageous.
If you don't fit all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies.
- Access to in-house learning and development resources.
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 20 November 2021
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Senior Motion Graphics Artist
Closing 20 November 2021
- AO World PLC
Hard Surface Modeler
Closing 21 November 2021
- Industrial Light & Magic
Want more Master Lead Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.