Marketing Manager for Discovery Communications
We’re on the hunt for a passionate, dedicated and TV-obsessed Marketing Manager to join our small but fearless UK Marcomms team as we bring viewers the very best in real life entertainment. Discovery is a global media leader, and we can only be the best if we have the best people (you!) in our team. As a team, we are responsible for managing and delivering all the fantastic promotional campaigns for Discovery UK’s lifestyle & entertainment brands - Quest Red, Food Network, TLC & Investigation Discovery.
The Marketing Manager will report into the Marketing & Communications Director, but will also be a key member of the wider team, working closely with the Senior PR Manager and Digital & Social Manager to ensure that we have fully integrated campaigns, to showcase amazing franchises like Say Yes to the Dress, Dr Pimple Popper, Katie Price: My Crazy Life, and Man vs. Food, as well as a diverse range of other fantastic shows.
- Formulation, planning and execution of consumer and trade marketing activity across Quest Red, Food Network, TLC and Investigation Discovery.
- Identify, develop and implement barter and marketing partnerships with new and existing partners.
- Strive to deliver integrated, engaging and compelling 360 marketing campaigns around our brands and programming - working closely with other functions within the broader team (media planning, continuity, scheduling, picture desk etc.).
- Compile monthly creative briefs (approx. 10pcm) for upcoming content priorities across all channels to cover on-air, off-air and digital – working closely with the in-house creative team on all stages through to completion.
- Oversee marketing relationship with key affiliates, devising proactive activity and actioning reactive requests expediently, ensuring all contractual obligations are met.
- Manage and develop trade communications to ensure advertising and sponsorship revenues are maximised.
- Manage the production of sales materials including reels, marketing collateral, presentations and premiums.
- Oversee, motivate, coach and develop the marketing coordinator as well as any freelancers employed on an ad-hoc basis within the department.
- Oversee the day to day management of the marketing budget.
- Work collaboratively with international colleagues on global priorities.
- Act as a brand ambassador and guardian for all channels.
- Experienced marketer (5+ years) with a proven track record in marketing – broadcast marketing preferred
- Excellent communicator – able to liaise effectively with both internal and external relations of all levels of seniority
- The ability to remain focused and flexible while working under pressure on several projects simultaneously
- Accurate with a keen attention to detail, with the ability to ensure the accuracy of all marketing communications output
- Passion for and knowledge of entertainment content and an understanding of the TV and media industry
- Solid understanding of key social media platforms and working with press & influencers.
- Adaptable, supportive, team-player
- A willingness to go the extra mile
- Actively contribute in maximising ROI on marketing budgets
- Actively contribute to channel management ratings & brand objectives
- Active support in Brand Partnerships strategy to reach our revenue goals
- Timely & technically flawless execution of planned campaigns & activities
- Assist in budget process
Head of Digital | Agency
Closing 12 February 2019
- Become Recruitment UK
- £35,000 to 40,000 p/a
Account Manager - Branding Agency
Closing 22 January 2019
- Creative Mettle
- £26,000 to 30,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.