Marketing Communications Manager
Are you eager to develop and deliver a tailored marketing strategy for a growing publishing division? Then we have got an exciting opportunity for you!
Elsevier’s Science, Technology, and Medical, Journals (STMJ) division manages an extensive collection of high impact journals. As a Marketing Manager you will plan the marketing strategy, and implement the marketing communication plans, with respect to the acquisition, development, launch and maintenance of journals, projects and services, within the overall STMJ strategy.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Communications Manager/Head of Marketing, you will be part of a global team of experienced Marketing Managers based in Amsterdam, London, New York, Philadelphia, Beijing and other locations. As a strong communicator with good cultural awareness, you will frequently consult with global publishing colleagues to align the product strategy with the marketing strategy, within (and managing) the allocated budgets. With excellent organizational skills and strategic thinking, you approach marketing planning with a creative and analytical mind.
You keep up with the latest digital marketing trends and are keen to experiment with new marketing approaches. With strong data and analytical skills, you execute research on business trends, competition, and opportunities, regularly reviewing the results of your campaigns for ongoing optimization.
- Developing marketing communications strategy and implement plans for the assigned products / portfolio(s) / projects / services;
- Effectively managing budget planning and expenditure, alongside campaign forecasting and monitoring;
- In coordination with publishing colleagues, and utilizing extensive systems/tools, identify target market segments and communication gaps, developing key messages for author and product communications;
- Working with Senior Managers or project Sponsors and Experts, helping to establish and implement best practice work methods, communication strategies and generic actions for the Marketing Communications Departments across STMJ globally;
- Establish, manage and maintain excellent contacts with key stakeholders within the business: Publishing, Marketing Operations, Exhibits, Conference Department, Commercial Sales, Strategy & Journal Services, Corporate Communications, Academic Relations, Finance, and other departments.
This job requires travelling to diverse locations throughout Europe, US and/or Asia up to 2-3 times per year, as and when required/permitted due to ongoing pandemic.
What you should bring:
- University level degree in a Marketing related field, or equivalent through experience;
- 4+ years of multichannel marketing experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and strategic thinking;
- Strong analytical skills
Work in a way that works for you:
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
· Working remotely from home and at our office in a hybrid working style
· Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us:
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you:
As a spearhead of good employment practices, your health and wellbeing are of great importance to securing your future. Elsevier's Benefits are competitive.
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 4 December 2022
- Welwyn Garden City
Brand Marketing Manager
Closing 4 December 2022
- TUI Group
Social Media Manager
Closing 4 December 2022
- TUI Group
Want more Marketing Communications Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Communications Executive jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.